1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

New Pipe Purchase 4/30

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by wataru, Apr 25, 2010.

?

Which?

1. Number One?

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Number Two?

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Number Three?

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 51flgoose

51flgoose Member

I was thinking 2 or 3 - and voted 2... for this same reasoning. You expressed a "need" for this pipe along with saying you are intrigued by it... sort of a two in one. I don't have one, but have thought about them because of their convenience.

...uh, just make sure it is out before you put it back in your pocket.... :startle:

2. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

i dunno bout the first one.

forget the vest pocket. they're freakin TINY. like, smaller than you would believe. i was gonna buy one but then i saw one in person and it was about the size of a 50 cent piece and half an inch thick. it looked like a terrible smoker and the guy who had it said it was, and that it caked up insanely fast, and that you couldnt tamp or ream it worth a damn because of the bowl shape.

i've always heard good things about falcons. i've had bad experiences with meer lined, contrary to any kind of logic they smoke hotter and wetter than cajun gumbo, and thats across three makers and four pipes. maybe falcons are different (its the smoke hole that gets mingin with the meer lineds).

that being said, go with a peterson 106 military, a regulation falcon, or the cob thing everyone is talking about. i still have 6 cobs from the local pharmacy that smoke just fine after years of me smoking them wrong, never cleaning them at all, and abusing the **** out of them, including but not limited to dropping one in a mug of beer, one sitting in a backpack in my car for two years, and thinning one out on a belt sander so it would fit in my pocket better. they're pretty damn indestructable.

3. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

It's great to get some info on those vest pocket pipes. They're very easy to find, but something about them just didn't feel right to me.

I voted for the first pipe, just because it's so interesting and unusual, even if it may have come from the prop. master's table in The Sound of Music.

From what I hear, you can't go wrong with a Falcon.

Bri2k

4. wataru

wataru Member

Ok Yall talked me into it. Falcon gonna be ordered. Just gotta decide on the bowl.

the aspring aftertaste has soured me on the meer lined, so I shall have to read up and chose another bowl.

5. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Thanks a lot for the info!! I was assuming (yeah, I know..) that it was much larger. Oh well....

6. wataru

wataru Member

A tiny bowl would work for me....at work. Since I only get 2 15 minute breaks. I normally smoke half bowls anyway. For those long morning smokes, I have a rather large MM Legend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.