1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

New score

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ruffinogold, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I saw this today and bid it low and forgot about it . Turns out I got it . Looks nice and light for out and about . Cant wait to clean and buff it ....

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/...ion/CFBwqtg2kKGrHqVi8E1NhTekb-BNT2RQEKw_3.jpg

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/...ction/CFBwtHgBmkKGrHqJh4E1Kvu7Lc3BNT2I4_3.jpg

2. Piperatthegates

Piperatthegates Member

Well done, Nice little pipes Hilsons, I have a Fantette which cleaned up really well and smokes like a dream if a little on the small side. Thats meerschaum lined too, my turn to say enjoy.

3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Corn-gratz on the "win"! I used to have a Hilson "Fantasia" ~30+ yrs ago and she smoked well for me. Bet yours will serve you well.

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

4. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Very nice, she looks just skinny enough to be a great cleancher for driving or what not, hope it all turns out great for ya!!!!!

5. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Nice one, Ruff! Hope the bowl
    isn't as bad as it looks! :startle:

dp

6. ruffinogold

It's a mineral .. I'm a man .. I'll win :1st:

7. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Wow that's one sharp looking pipe, Don Ruffino! It will certainly compliment a man of your stature nicely. May you have many happy years of enjoyment with it!

8. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Really nice looking slim classic - may you indeed have many happy years with it - and do let us know how she goes!

Best as ever

Gerry

9. r0n54

r0n54 Member

Very nice, looks like it was someones favorite for a good while. I would say its an elegant gentlemans smoker, enjoy.....!!

10. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Very nice meer-lined pipe. That bowl doesn't look so bad...bit of reamer chatter is all. Sweet birds-eye on that bowl, stem looks clean and smooth. I like that pencil-shank look.

Well found amigo...smoke her in good health!

11. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Sleak & chic! Congrats :cheers:

12. Jayhp

Jayhp Member

13. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Yes this might make a nice little flake pipe! Let us know when you find a toby that matches :bing:

14. ruffinogold

Well , I got the pipe a couple days ago ... I wanted it for a work pipe but that aint whats gonna happen . This pipe is so fine I'm honestly in shock over it a bit . I'll let it rest tomorrow and crank er back up on fri and see if I'm dreamin or what . It smokes as good as my Dunhill Innertube which I adore ... and as good as any Wiley I got . I'm honestly putting it up against my 100 year old gourd / meer that is truely the best smoking pipe I've smoked . As you can see in the picture .. there's very little wood around the meer ... I didnt know if it was gonna be a good thing or bad ya know . So far I've smoke MB GE , SWR , Edgeworth [ thanks Moo ! ] and Three Nuns [ thanks Snake ] in it and it's been flawless w/ each blend . Maybe I'm flashing back or something so I'll see how she does fri . Really really really nice .... Freaky . See , now I still want another work pipe .. lol .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.