New Tinderbox Tobacco (in a tin)

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by WrightwoodJohn, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Well-Known Member

Just ordered a tin of this. I've been enjoying Virginia's and like the sound of this one. McClelland at the helm, and in a tin no less.
    http://www.tinderboxpalmsprings.com/index.fx?id=33047&catalog=1&cart_id=2455135.21660&cid=&csm=&

Rodfather likes this.

2. NickWilliams

NickWilliams Member

I picked up a tin of this a few months back. It is outstanding! You are going to love it!

Rodfather likes this.
  3. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Well-Known Member

Thanks Nick, looking forward to it!

4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Wow...they're pretty discerning ;)

Once they finally said what's in the blend, sounds like it could be good. Hope you like it!

WrightwoodJohn likes this.
  5. JescoWhite

JescoWhite Member

Sounds interesting. I've always wondered how many TB blends are relabeled bulks and how many are actually custom blends.

6. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Someone used to post about this blend pretty often. Was it Puff the Magic?

Can someone tell me, does it have the BBQ ketchup McClelland thing going on? I'd hate to order it then not want to smoke it.

7. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

It gets great reviews. I have a Tinderbox :20 away. Maybe I'll get some on Monday. For some reason, I just can't warm-up to VA that dominate a blend. Being that there is burley involved, maybe I'll like it.

8. NickWilliams

NickWilliams Member

No Ketchup in my opinion. Just a really nice blend of virginias. I enjoyed it a lot.

9. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Nick, any burley detection?

10. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

That's what I wanna know too! Just how much Burley are we talking? The description says a "tough" of Burley, but is it noticeable amongst the Va's?

11. sorringowl

sorringowl Emoticonally challenged

I got this my first year of smoking and I really loved it! In fact, thanks for reminding me how good it is. Finished the tin of this pretty quick and haven't had any since. Been looking for a break from my Englishes and even though I don't like Burley, I don't really taste it in this one. Really nice blend with an awesome room note (less aro-ey and more natural smelling and tasting toby--without that "raw" virginia taste. Gotta' get some more of this.

12. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

So they wanted a blend that looks good, smells good and tastes good... that seems to be a reasonable goal for a tobacco blend.

Let us know how you like it. If it looks, smells and tastes good, it should be just fine. :ohyh:

13. Bman64

Bman64 Member

Was just at my local TinderBox Sunday past, no tinderbox tins. I did score 2 old tins of Solani ABF in the old tin design, I'll have to check them out and likely remind them next go round.

14. NickWilliams

NickWilliams Member

Not in my opinion. I think the burley is just there to take up space.

15. 40yrs2L8

40yrs2L8 Member

I dont know alot yet but for my first smoke I like it. Mild enough for a beginner, but I thought it'd be a little sweeter with the burley.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.