New to the Pipe.. Need some advice.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Drake, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

It is definitely a good tobacco. It is also a fairly hefty flake. Flakes can often be challenging for a new smoker. There are plenty of videos out there with good advice if you want to give it a try. And honestly, if it doesn't work out for you there are plenty of people on the forum would happily take it off your hands in trade for something new to try.

2. brumoon

brumoon Member

Everyone is touting cobs for a reason. They are some of my best smoking pipes. My petes are also great. Don't be too concerned about spending for the pete. If you decide not to go with pipes you can always sell it. As for tobacco, I'd recommend Boswells. Their aeros are $3.00/oz and their english blends are $4.25/oz. They will sell 1 oz of any tobacco you like.
    Also check out tobaccoreviews.com. Many reviews of tobaccos - Might help you with choices.
    You will find that your likes (tobacco and pipes) may well be different that others. Do what works for you.

Check the rules for pipe smokers further down the page.

3. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

By the way, one can occasionally find good deals on Etsy, too. If you search for Peterson Pipe I see two currently listed under $40, one of which could use a clean up on the stem but is in good shape otherwise.

4. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I've got a vintage Peterson bulldog in nice shape. It's valued at $40. I don't have sellers status here, but I'd swap you for a tobacco order from SP.com in the amount of the value of the pipe.

Let me know if you're interested.

5. Drake

Drake Member

Stonewall, message sent to your inbox.

6. smokinghost

smokinghost Member

I have a vanilla black cavendish blend I have been wanting to try but havent had the chance yet.

I'm also more of a full bodied cigar smoker. I like the heavier taste and flavors. Very relaxing.

7. menachem

menachem Member

As a smoker of the flavored tobaccos, I can suggest MacBarens green Velvet. Be careful though. THIS stuff is pretty moist.

8. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Yep.. I'd have to agree with Tony. Etsy provided a great deal on a Pete for me, under 30 actually. I got lucky!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.