New Year's Enjoyment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocipio

I'd like to see how people will enjoy their New Years Eve.

What will you be smoking and in what pipe? What drink, if any, will you pair with it?

jvande7

I'm thinking I might rustle up the fixin's for some flaming Dr Pepper bombs.

3/4 shot glass of Amaretto
then top it off with Bacardi 151
light it on fire and drop it into a pint glass half full of beer (something easy like Miller Lite or similar)
chug and enjoy the dr peppery goodness

Kind of childish/fratboy-ish but I've never had them and I've always wanted to try them.

Other than that I'll have some tasty dark beers around (Bell's Best Brown Ale, Bell's Rye Stout, etc).

And the pipery... I'm thinking Dan's Blue Note in my Stanwell 63m, because I haven't smoked any in a while, and company generally loves the roomnote. But to be honest, it'll probably be a gametime decision. My mind changes with the wind. :puff:

:bing: I really hope my tobacco shipment gets here from PA today. I really want to have my new baccy for New Years. Even the guy at Boswell said it would be nice if it got here in time. So he must be thinking around the same thing! :puff:

jvande7

Almost forgot to mention, there will certainly be plenty of greenery in my scenery if you're pickin' up what I'm puttin down... :hippie:

Rugbysh9

Tonight is a cigar night for me too. I've got a new EP Carillo waiting for me in one of the Humis downstairs when the clock strikes 12. Pre New Year's will proably have at least one offering from Alec Bradley and a Fuente Anejo Shark or King B

Drink...I guess it will be more appropriate to say what won't I be drinking tonight.

Demented

I?m making capellini with turkey & dry cured olive ragu, serving it with Italian potato bread I baked this morning and a ?96 Robert Mondavi Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon.

In the pipe, Westminster.

Mike

I will be sitting around a fire with family, popping fireworks and enjoying some peterson irish oak in my bjarne with a double of 18 yr old mcallan single malt

Maximus

Probably a bowl or two of Old Dublin and Anni Kake along with Michelob Light, and as tradition to my friends no longer with me to celebrate, a touch of 12 y/o Single Malt Scotch at midnight in remembrance of times past, and a toast to those to yet be reached.

Wydeboi

A warm fire, pizza and spiced rum eggnog. Alas, I don't smoke in the house, will have to retire to the smoking room to enjoy an Arturo Fuente Robusto and later with a glass of Ancient Age a pipe of Balkan Smoking Mixture.

babysinister

Glenfiddich single malt and an Ashton Magnum cigar. Defibrillator on the side. Cigars for New Year's, in my personal tradition. For dinner - tuna sandwich!

Rugbysh9

:eek:
babysinister said:
Glenfiddich single malt and an Ashton Magnum cigar. Defibrillator on the side. Cigars for New Year's, in my personal tradition. For dinner - tuna sandwich!
Canned tuna on New Years??? :p

babysinister

Rugbysh9 said:
:eek:

Canned tuna on New Years??? :p
Yummers! Yes, my grandma's recipe: remembrance of things past, should auld acquaintance be fergot... Right?

One tin Spanish Palacio de Oriente bonito style tuna (in olive oil only).

One dollop non-McClelland ketchup.

One dollop yellow mustard.

One large soupspoon Lehmann's mayo.

One thin slice or teaspoonful Philadelphia Cream Cheese, preferably whipped. :whip:

Mix well (by hand, with fork) until the tuna flakes and the other ingredients meld gently together.

Serve in two buns, preferably Hawaiian sweet buns. If you have the other type (non-bread) Hawaiian sweet buns on hand, why she would be nice too.

Goes well with a glass of milk.

Mister Moo

Gone but not forgotten
Staff member
Walking Raleigh's "First Night" booze-free with wife and three foreign exchange students (the Russian who lives with us - Pasha, and his buds, a Belgian - Coranten and a Kazahk - Askar) from the high school.

Smoking a Kurt Huhn zulu custom, Squadron Leader.

http://www.firstnightraleigh.com/home.html

Happy New Year all y'all.

Dan Moo

babysinister

Woody said:
I never heard of cream cheese in tuna before. Sounds good I'll have to try it.
It's apparently an old canape recipe, served in itty bitty portions. My grandmother turned it into a sandwich. The trick is that it has to be that brand of tuna in olive oil (not corn oil or water). Otherwise it's not the same. And it has to be yellow mustard (French's preferably). And the mayo should be Helmann's.

If you use the other Hawaiian buns, then it wouldn't be canapes, it would be whore d'ouvres.

Status
Not open for further replies.