NEWBIE INTRO

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by beans316, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beans316

beans316 Member

Hello guys my name is brian "beans316" im fairly new with pipe smoking but have been smoking cigars for 5 plus years now. Im 41yrs old and live in wva, married to a great wife for 15yrs now. My tastes in cigars are mainly nicquraguan,dominican,and of course cubans. Some of my favorites are stuff from Fuente,Pepin,Ashton,Opus x ,Pete johnson,Padron,And as far as cubans i love Cohibas,montecristo,Bolivar, Partgas,R@J,Ramon Allones,Trinidad. and so on. Just cant wait to try new pipe blends im like a kid in a candy store lol. Would like your knowlege in stuff to sample,My tastes are probably more towards stronger blends but want to try alot. Guys i have talked with turned me on to blends such as Billy Bud, Berry good,and Stockbyes french vanilla and Northwoods. Any insight would be appreciated. Sorry for the long ramble , hope to contribute to your forum.

:thankyou:

2. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Welcome! It's great to have another brother from the I local of the International Broterhood of Brians/Bryans join up! And one from the state next-door to, what a bonus!

I've enjoyed tobacco in almost every form and definitely appreciate a good cigar too. One piece of advice I got from an "old hand" was to start pipe smoking with one of those venerable "drug store" or OTC brands like Prince Albert and Carter Hall. Not only do they have a decent amount of nicotine, but they offer an almost effortless smoke. If you want something stronger that's closer to a cigar, Escudo should fit the bill.

3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Welcome Beans!

You may wanna hunt down some blends that have some cigar leaf for some familiar flavors but in yer pipe! I never really got into cigars but do respect all who enjoy the weed in any form. :)

Enjoy!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

4. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Welcome beans! :welcome:

5. beans316

beans316 Member

Thanks guys :thumbsu:

6. uncleburl

uncleburl Member

Welcome... I've not been on here long myself. I really enjoy the forum.

7. cathain

cathain Member

There's no harm in trying the usual starter aromatics and stuff, but as you are a seasoned cigar smoker then I agree with Puff.
    I've actually got a couple of oz of cigar leaf ordered for my blending experiment.

Anyway, one that I'd recommend based on personal experience is Peterson's Irish Flake.
    It has some Kentucky leaf in it, which imo gives it an earthier, fuller-bodied and cigar-like quality.
    It's also a nicotine bomb, so it might suit you nicely.

But also don't be afraid to try various different kinds, including the aros.
    You might find your taste in pipe tobacco is something completely different from what you're used to.

And lastly, welcome aboard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.