• This section of the forum was maintained by our good friend Mister Moo who was taken from us last year
    Recent topics are being moved and this section is now closed and preserved in memory of Dan

Newbie question: What is a p-lip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor

Dear Sirs,

I would appreciate some information about 'p-lips'.
Is it something attached to the mouthpiece of the
stem?

Thanks! :)

Professor

Nice try, Snake! :)

Are you some sort of witch-doctor then, who can cure everything
including pipe stems but who also can cast spells and make all
ones tobacco taste like sh**?? :eek:

I have no p-lip and no Peterson - but I can easily compile a list of
PSF'ers who suffer from p-lips - so you can tell them all about
the danger and your magical powers. The tobacco that you get
from them we split 50/50 OK? :D

I don't know, I've been using the p-lip now for some time, and I have to say that if you burn your roof with it then you're smoking something way hotter than you should in your pipe. I get a comparable amount of tongue bite as I do with my beater pipe, but never anything even resembling the burning or "cooking" as some people describe, and I have a tendency to smoke probably hotter/faster than I should.

I wouldn't call the p-lip a great innovation, just a different style of bit. It will suit some and some not.

phinz

I have a friend who will only smoke P-lips, whereas my two P-lip pipes just sit there and look pretty. One of them is a beautifully restored '60s billiard 3. I've not smoked it yet and I've had it at least 2 years.

Mister Moo

Gone but not forgotten
Staff member
A P-lip is pretty much a love-hate thing. There are some people I call bi-bituals but not many.

Me? I am a hater. Tried to like it - gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.