1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Nice Charity Shop Find

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Spam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spam

Spam Member

I went to the library today, and on the way back decided to stop in a charity shop or two. Then I stumbled across this little fella. The draft hole is a little way above the bottom of the bowl, but the thing looks like it's only been smoked once and for £7 I don't imagine I can go far wrong. It's marked "Chacom" and either "806" or "908"; when you hold it so Chacom is the right way up its 908.

[​IMG]

The stem needs a little bit more of a polish, and I'll probably run a vodka soaked pipe cleaner through, but I shall report back once I've smoked it. Might have to wait until Sunday... ugh. I need a balcony or garden.

2. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

Put a tent and a nice chair in that within the confines of your yard, and claim it as a man cave... it'll stay a bit warmer with enough pipe smoke! :D

WrightwoodJohn likes this.
  3. Spam

Spam Member

Alas, no yard! I'm in a top floor flat, I didn't even think when I moved in! But it gives me an excuse to go for a wander around the block and have a bit of time to myself.

4. Iain

Iain Active Member

Looks like Cherrywood, I didn't know Chacom did those, nice find!
    I'd get outside and smoke it, it can only get colder from now until February at least ;)

5. Spam

Spam Member

Well, I took heed Iain. Loaded it up with some cube cut Mick McQuaid plug and went to the park. Not sure whether it was me, the way I loaded the pipe, the tobacco, or the pipe. But it was a bit of a gurgly mess. Quite a tight draw, and I gave up 3/4 of the way in. Will give her some resting time and see if rubbed out plug fares any better.

6. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

Cherry wood is not as absorbent or heat resistant, I believe--dry the tobacco out and see if that helps any.

7. Spam

Spam Member

I shall do just that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.