Nice little article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hudson

That is an interesting article; I learned that I started smoking a pipe before American-style pipe tobacco was even invented. Sure don't miss that dried out cherry stuff I first scorched my palate on.

RTOdhner

Very good read. I learned a lot, and it made appreciate MacB tobaccos all the more. It has also encourgaed me to give their 7 Seas Line a try. I used to think it was just a coincidence that MacB blends were so "Codger Friendly," but it seems that many of my favorite MacB blends were directly influenced by the great Codger blends of old since one of the guys who would untilmately run the company (Jorgen Halberg) actually worked in a series of American pipe tobacco factories in the 1940's. He then brought the techiniques he learned at those factories back to the family business and introduced them into his family's own production processes. (He also brought back ideas for the use of casings, flavorings, and Burley tobacco with him). Shortly thereafter, Golden Extra, Scottish Mixture, and Symphony were to be released. History was made!

Status
Not open for further replies.