1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

No Corndog On Horizon says Missouri Meer Marilyn

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Mister Moo, Jun 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Factoid. An email sent to me yesterday by Marilyn Lanning at the MM mission command center said:

"We would love to bring the Bulldog back, however, at this time, we just don't have cobs big enough to make them. Our corn cob crop last year didn't product the large, tough cobs we need to make some of the larger pipes. We are using past years' cobs to make the big pipes, like your Country Gent, now. We are hoping for a better crop this year, but it will be several years before we can even consider bringing them back. We will be sure to announce their return if and when we can produce them again."

So, smoke 'em if you got 'em knowing you aren't getting any more for years.

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Thanks for the "Marilyn Bulletin" Moo-man. I understood it as they had the cobs and the cobs were curing (drying) to be made into these pipes. I guess the cart got ahead of the horse in this case.

No big deal. Bull-cobs don't smoke any better than a standard "Dip" or "CCSS". Anyway, the timing wouldn't have coincided with the "Dog Fry" so definitely no biggie.

Ed
    Puff

3. Mister Moo

It just aggravates me that Jesla has something I can't have, that's all.

4. whitebriar

whitebriar Member

>>"We would love to bring the Bulldog back, however, at this time, we just don't have cobs big enough to make them. Our corn cob crop last year didn't product the large, tough cobs we need to make some of the larger pipes. >>

a pity--always liked the bulldog--

5. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

:( :doh: :thdn:

...but thanks for the info.

6. Mister Moo

life goes on.

7. BradNTX

We could always pull a Mission Impossible at the member-who-has-an-unsmoked-one's house... :rolleyes:

8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Wonder if ya sent them a crap load of big cobs . A neighbor around the corner has a couple acres of dent corn of some sort to feed his cattle with .... those suckers get pretty big .... but maybe the husks make it look that way . I know crap all about corn . Surely , ya think someone could pull out some whoopers for them . I saw Jeslas bulldog the other day on a thread ..... it was killer and i want one for sure !

9. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

From what I understand, he's armed to the teeth and has set booby-traps all around the pipe cabinet......:whis:
    Something about waiting a few years, and then auctioning it off to make enough to send his twenty-four grand-kids to college....

10. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Ruff....from what I understand, some field corn cobs would pro-lly be big enough, but the cobs are too soft/porous to make good pipes. MM has developed a tough, dense cob just for their pipes...not even sure what they use the kernels for....if anything.

11. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Sure, tinkle in my Post Toasties and tell me they aren't coming out with one... take away all my hope. I was stoked for a Corndog. Oh well, guess I'll just have to go buy a briar Bulldog.

12. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Thats interesting .. I always figured that they picked up the cobs from some corn producing plant . How cool is it that they grow their own !

13. Cogitans Fumus

Cogitans Fumus Member

I've read that they developed the strain they use themselves, producing a larger harder cob with a food quality rating, and that the corn kernals are used to produce tortilla's.

14. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

And here I thought the kernels were used to make new corn plants....

No corn dogs. Darnit.

15. Cogitans Fumus

Cogitans Fumus Member

Wrap a frank in a corn tortilla..... Mexican Corndog! Problem solved.

16. BradNTX

I was thinking of hiring Yin Yang. Put him in some black spandex & black booties with a little black face paint. Of course he would wear a black knit cap too. I'd lower him down through the ac vents into the pipe vault. Place a full ear of corn on the weight sensitive pedastal to avoid setting the alarm off. Slip the dog a meat snack laced w/sleeping pills.

After the corn-dog is retrieved by Yin, I'd grab it, knock him in the head and leave him to be discovered on the outer property. It would be assumed that Yin stole the pipe, fell and knocked himself out. While laying on the ground senseless, some coon or possum snatched up the corn and ran off for a snack.

I'd have to wait a year or so before showing off my new eBay purchase... :bing:

Y'all think it would work? :ohyh:

17. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

If you're any good with a belt sander or planer, or sand paper and a flat surface, you can make your own MM Bullcob "Corndog" from a Dane Egg. Sand/Plane the bottom "V" and "diamond" the shank with a flat runner on top so you can spread the diamond out (this'll have 5 sides "Pentagon") and not make the shank too weak. Or you can transplant a MM Freehand shank (they call it a "stem") and then cut it down to diamond/pentagon shape and VIOLA! Thar ya be!

If ya have to have, think of "HOW" you can get it. If ya can't get it, think of "HOW" you can make it! :)

Ed
    Puff

P.S. btw, I'm not makin' one of these.......... yet. No real plans, but thought I'd share my thoughts witchyas

18. BradNTX

Interesting idea! I might have to make this a summer project at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.