No Name

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Whalehead King, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Active Member

Okay, this is a bit of esoteric question, but last year I picked up some of LJ Piretti's No Name (reviews here: http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=N&TID=881) and its a very weird smoke. This is aromatic with a capital A. It grew on me and became my evening smoke and I went through probably a pound and a half before I switched to something else.

You'll read that it smells like perfume and soap...they mean like lavender soap from those girly shops at the mall. It really does smell like potpourri both in the raw and burning. The lady of the house loves it and I have to admit, it did grow on me. I'm thinking about how much I should stock up on before I leave the shop's neighborhood, so the question is:

Are than any other "flowery" tobaccos (as in real flowers) on the market or this a one-off, antiquated Piretti special? I know it sounds gross and in theory it should be, but it's really not that bad, just odd and nice when the sun is going down. More of a Tennessee Williams smoke than a Hemingway.

2. Marc

Marc Active Member

You might want to consider some of the lakeland blends from Samuel Gawith or Gawith Hoggart and Co. I'm sure some of our UK members will see this post and chime in with some good recommendations.

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

One that is widely available in North America is Ennerdale Flake from Gawith and Hoggarth. This has a VERY noticeable head of .... lilac and almond.... and every other flavor imaginable. Fairly strong on nicotine. Hell's Granny.

4. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

i've got about 1/2 a pound left of the gawith and hoggarth dark flake scented left. took me a while to get my head wrapped around this tobacco but its pretty good when you get used to the lakeland essence (which i'm told is geranium). i'm sorta broke right now but if you wanna send me postage i'm happy to send you an ounce to try. its basically gawith FVF with lakeland essence and something that tastes a bit maple-y in the background. strong as all hell though, so if you're not into heavy nic tobaccos you may wanna give it a miss.

5. The German Shepherd

The German Shepherd Member

I was thinking the same thing...Ennerdale.

Jay

6. stummel bum

stummel bum Member

7. Legend

Legend Member

I was thinking the same thing.

8. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Erinmore Flake has an almost pineapple flavor and aroma...one of my go-to blends........but what the hell, all my tobaccos are my go-to blends!!!!
    Condor, and to some extent, St Bruno's are both Lakeland style tobaccos...unfortunately not available here. But....if you can hook up with one of our UK brethren for a swap, I think you will like either one.

9. The German Shepherd

The German Shepherd Member

I have read the ingredient list for Erinmore and there is no pineapple, and that surprised me because of it's fruity overtones. What I did find in the ingredients was chocolate and vanilla...

Jay

10. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I detect anise in Erinmore flake too, I think. An odd assortment of flavors to be sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.