No new tobacco this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

buistd

I am setting myself a challenge to not buy any new tobacco this year. I have so much in my cellar, and since cutting down my smoking frequency in the last six months, I have enough to last me at least ten years. At least.

Now it's out in the open I have to stick to it.

Disclaimer: this does not include trades. I can trade all I want.

Take 15% off Cigar Gifts! Use Promo Code: GIFT15 at cart

buistd

I said that once, too. Now I shoot for realistic goals, like flapping my arms and flying to China or bottling electricity.
I really mean it. Promise.

Here's the thing - it has less to do with spending the money on new blends and more to do with the fact that I currently have 60 or so blends (probably more like 70-80 actually), many of which I have either never smoked or have smoked only a handful of times. I want to get to know the blends better.

I have already restricted myself to only smoking blends I have in open tins or in bags and am not going to touch my jars for a while. It's not much of a limit (around 20-25 blends) but it's a start.

beaupipe

I'm not buying any this year. Last year, all I bought was a half pound of one thing and a pouch of another thing. I have enough tobacco to last the rest of my life, probably. And since I'm currently homeless and will spend most of this year in Asia, I don't see the point. That said, I really want to try that Old Dark Fired and some of the other new blends that have come out recently. And Semois will supposedly be available here soon and if it arrives before I head east, I might make myself a fibber.

I am setting myself a challenge to not buy any new tobacco this year. I have so much in my cellar, and since cutting down my smoking frequency in the last six months, I have enough to last me at least ten years. At least.

Now it's out in the open I have to stick to it.

Disclaimer: this does not include trades. I can trade all I want.
Have you tried Robert McConnel's Scottish cake ? hehe just kidding. For real good luck with that. I told my self that i wont crack open anymore tins this year since i want to build a good tin cellar.

I'm not buying any this year. Last year, all I bought was a half pound of one thing and a pouch of another thing. I have enough tobacco to last the rest of my life, probably. And since I'm currently homeless and will spend most of this year in Asia, I don't see the point. That said, I really want to try that Old Dark Fired and some of the other new blends that have come out recently. And Semois will supposedly be available here soon and if it arrives before I head east, I might make myself a fibber.
Can you bring all your toby to Asia ?

Coda

I am en devouring on a similar venture...only I am smoking through my cellar because I cant afford any new tobacco...

beaupipe

Can you bring all your toby to Asia ?
I can bring some. I don't even know what the legal limit is. The customs web sites for most countries always have cigarette maximums, sometimes cigars, but rarely if ever pipe or loose tobacco. I'll toss about a pound and a half in my luggage. I've been there many times and never been searched. If I need more, I can probably find an overpriced pouch of MacBaren Original. And if I'm in a real bind, I can buy whole leaf tobacco or fine shag at a farmer's market in the village. I've smoked it before and it's pretty rough stuff. But wow is it cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.