No pipe, no toby make (insert name here) go crazy

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Dutchking22, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

This just happened, I get my girl to work, then reach into my pocket, only to discover....NO MATCHES! Lucky for me, there is a toby shop down the block fro mwhere she works, so I was able to stop in there....:)

2. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

I was flying Friday afternoon; and checking immediately into to a hotel on arrival; then meeting friends for dinner (in the hotel restaurant); then crashing late' and getting up early for the Auto Show; then cabbing back to the hotel to meet other friends.... blah blah blah; and flying home Sunday afternoon. Three days left time for one pipe on Sunday evening.

I enjoyed that pipe on Sunday evening but was not caving in Friday, Saturday and all day Sunday from lack thereof... I couldn't say the same during my cigarette or Kodiak periods.

3. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

I would have taken a walk, if time allowed. Just to smoke, like I did today

4. OldSchool

OldSchool Member

My worst experience of this kind was several years ago at my wife's company's Christmas party, held 70 miles away from our home in a remote and unfamiliar area. Got there and realized I had packed my tobacco and lighter, but had left my only pipe at home. A long trip, a couple of drinks and a big dinner, and me with no pipe! In desperation, I grabbed a couple of squares of toilet paper and went outside to roll my own PA "cigarette", carefully explaining to the other smokers standing around that "this isn't what it looks like. Really."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.