Non-dedicated pipe experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakDragon

Wizard of PSF
Patron
I recently bought a rusticated bent bull dog Peterson. I really like this pipe! I got to thinking which type of tobacco to dedicate to it. I began reading some threads here on the matter and came to the understanding that some people like to completely dedicate a toby to a particular pipe, some like to dedicate a particular type of toby to a pipe and some smoke everything in their pipe whether it is aro or not, burley, Va, etc.

So, as a personal experiment, I am going to break this pipe in with EVERYTHING and see if my inexperienced palate can figure it out. I will keep you posted. Please dont yell at me if you are one of those that has the distinguished and true talent of tasting the nuances of each toby. I am still learning.

Tobaccos smoked so far in my experiment (one bowl each):

1. All Day Long (aro)
2. Fr Dempsey's Blend (Va, Lat, oriental)
3. MacBarens Golden Extra
4. SWR aro
5. Carter Hall
6. ADL (repeat #1)
7. Fr Dempsey (repeat #2)
8. MacBarens Golden Extra (repeat)
9 to be continued......

ruffinogold

Mayor
One night , when I was young and a little nuts , I " partyed " w/ multiple substances ... the result .... total sobriety . I'm betting the pipe will smoke fine w/ whatever ya put in it down the road

jpberg

Staff member
When I say I smoke whatever I want in whatever pipe I want, you need to keep in mind that:

A. The tobaccos I smoke are all pretty similar
B. My taste buds are not super receptive.
C. I'm stubborn and have always done it this way.

Looking at the blends you are smoking in it, I think it will be good.

MakDragon

Wizard of PSF
Patron
When I say I smoke whatever I want in whatever pipe I want, you need to keep in mind that:

A. The tobaccos I smoke are all pretty similar
B. My taste buds are not super receptive.
C. I'm stubborn and have always done it this way.

Looking at the blends you are smoking in it, I think it will be good.
Thanks! I am starting to think that's the way I am as well.

Bob K

With all due respect to the "dedicators," just smoke the damn thing with whatever you want. Back in the day (of English tobaccos) I would smoke a variety in my various pipes. They all, always, and still do taste great. Again, if you believe in dedicating a given pipe and a given tobacco, your privilege. YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.