1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Nording Aerosphere

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ArmedOctopus, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

I have a Nording Aerosphere that I snagged off the 'bay from a guy in Ireland. It is a pretty massive pipe. (I will try to post pics tonight). Anyways, what is the deal with the aerosphere idea of putting a hole into the pipe to help cool the smoke? It SOUNDS like a decent idea but clearly never took off because you don't see them much.

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I'd have to see it.

3. ArmedOctopus

Well if by "see it" you mean jsut a picture, I just posted it for trade...

4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Oh okay... yeah... geez, I dunno. Some "fresh" air would be sucked into the hole as the smoke went by (Bernoulli effect). But other than that.... it's just a pipe with a hole in it.

5. ArmedOctopus

That's what I figured. Weird to me too. Guess that's why they never really caught on.

6. esteban

esteban Active Member

I drill a hole in stems for cooler more open draw..... Carey magic inch makes an aerosphere and the old monarch pipes have the same (no longer being made.) Its tricky..too large a hole and you will wish you hadn't drilled, although the hole is easy to refill. I believe it helps sometimes. I obviously have a lot of old so so pipes that I experiment on. Fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.