1. Unique, Original Reviews Only

Please do not post reviews from other websites. Reviews found posted on other sites will be deleted.
    Dismiss Notice

Novice review of Sterling Tobacco's American Patriot blend.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco Reviews' started by NamelessHobo, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NamelessHobo

NamelessHobo Member

As some of you may know, Sterling Tobacco does a free sampler package for any of their tobaccos. I requested a strong English blend, as I have only tried one other, which was too mild for my tastes.
    All I have to say for this blend is this: Utter epiphany. Truly excellent, high quality, wonderful tasting stuff. Peaty and strong, balanced with a grand complexity and exciting taste. The taste of latakia is present, but I don't find it overpowering or unpleasant.
    Cool burn, few relights and doesn't sting my tongue like many of the aromatic blends I've been sent. I love the strength, as my tongue tends to not pick up on milder tobaccos, I was not so blessed.

I have smoked it in a Kaywoodie Campus and a Kaywoodie Mandarin. The Campus offers the most taste with a good 45 minute smoke, which fits my schedule excellently. The Mandarin gives me about two hours, which works well for the time I have, though the clarity of taste isn't as strong.

I'm not experienced enough to pick apart every nuance, yet, but I can say I have to recommend this tobacco, highly. I've already picked on several of my friends to get some, heh.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

IrishRover, ol gto and Mark w4mms like this.

2. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Nice review! AP came out shortly after 1776 Tavern which is what i got as a sample. Tavern is a good smoke too. I hope to try AP sometime soon, as I hear it is a slightly fuller blend.

3. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Nice review! :puffy:

4. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Thank you for taking the time to write it.

5. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Great review... I guess I'll update my TAD list with this blend now..:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.