Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

Good morning and Happy New Year! Started the day with some 1864 in my Grabow Grand Duke. :puffy:

Rewster66 likes this.

2. DanielO

DanielO Member

Smoked a bit of Haunted Bookshop to get my eyes open, next I'll smoke some Kendal Kentucky as my official morning bowl.

3. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Gawith Red in the Happy Man Briar.

[​IMG]

4. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

P&W 400, in a Radice.

5. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

After a warm winter weekend, this morning was a toe curler....brrr. A small bowl of Kendal Dark in a Dwaugh nosewarmer(lipburner?...naw...) clay.

dwaugh likes this.
  6. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Good Morning All,

Marquee Lakeland Brickle Fortissimo in a Silver Duke Grabow Bulldog with black Gevalia Kenya Reserve coffee.

Paul

7. RS422

RS422 Member

Good Morning all.

Starting the morning with Irish Oak in a Sturgill horn and hot black coffee on the side.

[​IMG]

8. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Member

Haddo's Delight in a diplomat

9. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Escudo in the same Puppy Mill short clay. Yowza! After bummy bowls in briar, a meer, a Falcon and a LePeltier clay, this little pipe is really making this vaper sing! This is what i'd hoped to get from a tin i've sat on for a couple years.

Rewster66 likes this.
  10. voodoo101

voodoo101 Member

I am now smoking Prince Hall In a Peterson Sherlock Holmes Hansom.

11. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

RewRew likey!:drly:

12. RS422

RS422 Member

Thanks Rewster. I bought this pipe in 1991 at Schwabs in Lexington, Ky.
    Sam Martin passed away in 1993.

Rewster66 likes this.
  13. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

I'm going to take a little space to vent a little, if you all will permit me so. I'm sitting here smoking, trying to calm my nerves after having just read my father's obituary. He had been battling cancer for about a year, but the road came to an abrupt end on New Year's Eve, when the mass separated from his windpipe and he died in my arms. On Christmas day we celebrated his birthday (Christmas Eve), and I gave him a pipe, some tobacco, and a log in for this forum that I had set up for him. He only got to log on once, to talk with me about tobacco that his wife might not gripe about being smoked in the house.

My father was a great man, and not even a great man by measure of actions or thoughts. He was even more rare among great men, for he was great by virtue of who he was. Many people who knew him and have offered condolences tell me that he was their best friend. Fortunately, I happen to believe this is true. My father was a man who genuinely cared for people, who could talk to anyone but not fake being nice. He was genuinely interested in the well being of those around him, and even in the midst of everything going on, often went out of his way to help anyone he could. He always gave just a little bit more than he had to give. He embodied every virtue I could ever hope to aspire to, and though I am not half the man he was, if I can raise my son to be half the man he was - then I will have accomplished something in this life that no other man on earth can touch.

Smoking Gun, Morse, telltime and 6 others like this.
  14. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Sorry for your loss bro, you and your family will be in our prayers. God Bless!!! Ray

15. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

I am sorry to about your tragic loss. Words, I'm sure, can not console, but know that you and your family will be in my prayers.

16. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

My sincerest condolences, DMW. You are fortunate to have had such a great father and to have shared good times with him, as many these days never know theirs.

17. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

This afternoon I'm trying another tobacco the honorable TxPipesmoker recently sent me, C&D's Trinidad. So far I haven't picked up on the deer tongue in this one, though it's early in the bowl, so I will give it some time. The flavor of Cornell and Diehl's Burley is so nice and rich, it's not like anything else I've tried. The slight downside is that it also packs a HUGE nicotine punch, and despite being somewhat immune to the stuff as a (for now) cigarette smoker, I decided to stop and put a paper filter in my Country Gentleman in hopes of taking the edge off of it. Whew!

18. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Member

GAF in a Peterson 306 standard system

19. Jay

Jay Active Member

Mac B VA flake in my grubby Doc G, changing the oil in my pick up. Now I gotta clean it (the truck)

20. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I am very sorry for your loss. It sounds like we all lost something here. Good men are rare these days.

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.