Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdto

jdto Active Member

I use the matches when the wind permits and often do my initial light standing in the doorway with them. I am getting a pipe Zippo, but for the time being, when I have to fight wind, I just use a cheap plastic Bic. I smoke on the balcony when at home as we can't smoke in our apartment.

2. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Carter Hall in my MM hardwood. The very definition of awesome....

Lestrade likes this.
  3. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Enjoying what may be my favorite all-around blend, Larry's Blend (from Hearth and Home), in my Soren freehand. It's a strong, full Balkan, with deliciously buttery Orientals and just the right amount of Latakia for me. HIGHLY recommended to everyone, and I mean everyone.

Earlier, it was some Solani Aged Burley Flake 656, in my Peterson System Standard 303. That's great, great stuff for all you Burley-heads and non-Burley heads. I don't even like the OTC Burleys (too much PG in them, if I may say so), but I love ABF. It's off the charts.

Lestrade likes this.
  4. Motard

Motard Member

LBF in a DrG westbrook bent Dublin. My cellar is running uncomfortably low, please hurry mr postman....

Lestrade likes this.
  5. Mount Mandolin

I am absolutely DYING to try Bob's Chocolate Flake. And what is a "Dunhill Man Meer", by the way? I know this post is a day old, but I sure hope you enjoyed that smoke... I bet you did! God, I've GOT to find some of that stuff!

Lestrade likes this.
  6. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Boswell's Bear Blend in a Tekin Tiger Meer.

7. Mount Mandolin

Well? Man meer? I confused!

8. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Yeah I love BCF!

A "Dunhill Man Meer", is a generic term for a figural carving of an old guy with a beard smoking a pipe of himself. Here is a pic of my Latticed Version.

[​IMG]

9. Mount Mandolin

Oh, lovely! Really beautiful! I really need a Meerschaum. You've got me in a Lakeland state of mind, so to speak, and so 1792 it is, for me! I'm off to load my delightful little straight brandy (a second that I believe to be of Barling's make, or possibly Charatan). It has several little fills on it, but it has very sightly grain on it, particularly a very nice grouping of birdseye about the left flank. It does remarkably well with things like 1792, and I find it a very nice pipe. All I need to do is to replace the rather ugly lucite stem that some lug put on there with Vulcanite and it will be a very nice pipe indeed. Anyhow, it's the tobacco that counts around this thread, I take it, so I shall say again: 1792 Flake!

10. Mount Mandolin

Well, just wanted to come back and say how much I dearly love that wonderful pipeweed, 1792 Flake. If I sound a bit frivolous and/or ridiculous, it's probably because I'm borderline high on nicotine. Whoever it was that said their body physically craves this stuff, I can absolutely understand. It is powerful, strong, intense, and yet so very wonderful. I really need to pour some money into the Lakelands next time I get a chance. The two I have are the 1792 and the Bracken Flake, and the Bracken Flake is a very, very odd tobacco. I cannot quite figure it out, to tell the truth. It's... just... weird as all hell, that's what it is. I need to give it another try sometime soon, as I'm getting more and more used to and into the Lakeland blends, so I believe I will stand a better chance at comprehending it next time, and that's probably all thanks to 1792! Glory to the Lakelands!

11. Trauma

Trauma Active Member

Trying some MacB Club Blend in my Ropp. First try of this stuff, I have to say I like it but probably wouldn't buy anymore of it.

12. Mount Mandolin

I just went into the closet to try a couple of tobaccos I hadn't smoked in a little while. First up was 1820, which is absolutely pleasant little English mixture of a fine shag cut that packs, lights, and burns like a dream. JF Germain never disappoints me.

Second was Peterson's Sherlock Holmes, which is a fine tobacco if your tastes agree with Virginia and Burley mixtures. The Burley in that particular mixture is quite pleasant, and it has a very nice aroma to it, even though it isn't an aromatic. So for those of you who enjoy Burley, give it a try!

Next, I think I'm going to fire up a little bit of Peterson's Irish Oak. It's a fine tobacco with very nuanced flavors, which I enjoy very much. It's aged in oak barrels, apparently, and it's Zimbabwe and (I believe) Malawi leaf. It makes for quite a pleasant mixture, but it must be nursed, not puffed hard, in order to draw out all the flavors that it contains. I would recommend that it at least be given a shot if you feel that that sounds appealing. It should be noted that the nicotine content is rather noticeable, as seems to be the case with quite a few Peterson tobaccos, and overall, I enjoy it on occasion.

Preacher1611 and Trauma like this.
  13. Motard

Motard Member

Sweet Killarney in a general

Lestrade likes this.
  14. shadow

shadow Active Member

A basic, no name Cavendish in a Dunhill Shell Briar, shape #50.
    It's a rainy Sunday morning here in London but the Cavendish / Dunhill mix is the perfect way to start the day!:bing:

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  15. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Gawith Red in a MM General.

ol gto and Motard like this.
  16. ol gto

ol gto Member

CB Gold in a bent DG

Motard and Lestrade like this.
  17. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

Comptons Balkan in a Squatch ball.

18. kb7get

kb7get Member

1-Q in the MM Ugly cob. Found out one of the local tobacco shops house blends was it.

ol gto likes this.
  19. ol gto

ol gto Member

Lane 1-Q in a DG Duke

Lestrade and ken davis like this.
  20. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

SWR in a 31 westbrook/coffee.

ruffinogold, ken davis and ol gto like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.