Now Smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammer

Dark Star in a Guildhall poker; and now the song is stuck in my head...

"I am curious
Don't want to hurry us
I'm intrigued with us
Ain't this song a bust
I don't care dark star"
That one doesn't ring a bell. This one does: :whis:

"Dark star crashes
pouring its light
into ashes
Reason tatters
the forces tear loose
from the axis

Searchlight casting
for faults in the
clouds of delusion

shall we go,
you and I

While we can?
Through
the transitive nightfall
of diamonds

Mirror shatters
in formless reflections
of matter

Glass hand dissolving
to ice petal flowers
revolving

Lady in velvet
recedes
in the nights of goodbye

Shall we go,
you and I
While we can?
Through
the transitive nightfall
of diamonds"

nesta

GH Brown Flake Unscented in a sandblasted Ben Wade billiard of English make (Danish Ben Wades are just....wrong by nature far as I'm concerned...) which has just grown on me more and more over the past year or so. Too bad the rim darkening is kinda bad, or she'd be a REAL looker, having taken on a lovely, deeper color as I've smoked her. It really surprised me how much the color deepened over time!

nesta

That bowl was sublime. I love the flowery flavors GH uses, but this Brown Flake Unscented is mostly true to it's word - it IS an unscented blend and provokes only the slightest amount of floral taste as you light the bowl. Shortly after this, that flavor disappears and you're left with a simply wonderful, very sweet, medium bodied VA/bur, strongly dominated by the VA. It builds in complexity as you slowly work your way to the bottom of the bowl, and it evokes honey, chocolate, and fruit. I love it! I haven't been smoking much else in this pipe since I got it. It may, for a while at least, remain dedicated to this blend - though Kendal Plug may find it's way in there every once in a while, or other VA blends.

The burley kake was awesome as well, as expected. Does great in a cob. I can't wait for my forever stem to come in the mail. A legend with a vulcanite stem sounds like a damn fine pipe, and the pipe will see a LOT more action once it gets outfitted with one :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.