Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bettasplash

Bettasplash Member

This is an awesome pipe the first smoke in it was great here are some pics for you guys. Sorry about the pics there from my cells camera. Great craftsmanship for sure.

2. MileHighSmoker

MileHighSmoker Member

Carter Hall in a cob.

I've completed the salt and alcohol treatment on the bulldog-like briar pipe that tasted like perfume. It's still drying. If it worked well enough to kill the perfume flavor, I'll be useing the same treatment on the other pipes I got in that deal. I have tried smokeing a second of those pipes, and it too tasted like perfume. I'm hopeing the treatment kills it.

I really don't know what shape that one pipe is. It's like a bulldog, with a big round bowl, and diamond shaped shank, but it doesn't have the two bands around the bowl that I understand are a requirement for it to be called a bulldog. What shape would call it?

Oh yeah...that's a nice looking pipe Beta.

-MHS

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Starting the day off with MacB golden glow in a cob, coffee and Hulu TV.

Got the Kid to bus on time and now waiting for the wife to get back this afternoon.

4. babysinister

babysinister Active Member

I'm thinking the widow of the original smoker, trying to disguise the smell of moldy old tobacco in those pipes, probably wiped the bowl with a perfumed cloth. Maybe it was Chanel No. 5. Try smoking Sillems Black in it. It will chase out the Chanel.

5. babysinister

FMOTT in a Sav Bing's Favorite smooth ebony Soiree.

6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Nice pipe Betta. Too bad it's so little. XD

7. user0003

GLP US in a cob, coffee and Hulu TV.

8. user0003

WOL Sig. in a Sav. Autograph, coffee and doing a little clean and polish to the 'stang.

9. babysinister

More FMOTT, this time in a Bannard freehand poker.

10. erickghint

erickghint Member

More Boswell's Dutch Treat in the same cheap Italian pipe... Just got off the phone with P&C and my order is shipping today. w00 hoo. Hopefully by Monday I'll be able to participate in 2t2m.

~William

11. user0003

MacB golden extra in a Sav. 804KS Roma, coffee and Jon Schmidt on the tube stereo.

12. babysinister

C&D #420 Habana Daydream in a Big Ben Imperial 543. I've had some HD jarred since March, which has only improved taste and smoekability. It's available only in bulk, but is good enough, more than good enough, to justify packaging it as a tin. Thankfully as bulk it's less expensive. This is not just a cigar in a bowl, but good, earthy pipe tobacco, especially after six months in a jar, which tames the strength a bit (a plus for me).

13. user0003

More MacB golden extra in the same Sav. 804, while waiting for a new key to be programed for the car. Remember the days when a car key didn't cost $90 and could be cut in lees than five minutes....... well I do.........

14. babysinister

They're letting you smoke outside the agency while they cut the key? $90? Outrageous.

Man, this six-month Habana Daydream is good. I can't imagine any blend that does not improve with some in-jar time. (Except some aromatics, possibly.)

15. user0003

MacB golden extra in a Tinsky Hawkbilliard, coffee and Hulu TV.

16. user0003

MacB Navy Flake in a Frederick G. Freehand, coffee and Hulu TV.

17. babysinister

Iwan Ries's Gourmet English in a Savinelli Virginia 802 Canadian. GE is an excellent medium-strength blend that is available in reasonably priced bulk quantity. BTW, I've just received an IR promotional message advertising their September Sale. I haven't checked it out yet, but probably will later today. No shill, just a frequent customer here.

18. user0003

Erinmore in a Frederick Freehand, coffee and 75f on the mountain today.

19. babysinister

More IR Gourmet English in a Winslow Crown of Denmark 300, a smooth, big bowl, freehand Canadian billiard.

20. MileHighSmoker

MileHighSmoker Member

Prince Albert in...not a cob.

That bulldog shaped pipe that I picked up last week and gave the alchohol and salt treatment, which seemed to have worked almost perfectly. I say almost because there is still the slightest hint of a perfume flavored ghost left in the pipe. It is smoking quite well, and I hope a good layer of cake with PA will exorcise the last of the ghost out.

I am in the process of giving the salt and alchohol treatment to the rest of those pipes.

-MHS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.