Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barako

Barako Member

GLP Westminster in a Pete Irish harp lovat, Glenmorangie orig on the side

2. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Tried out C&D Pasha's Dream... I really wanted to like this blend, but had difficulties with filling the pipe. It's billed as "A blend of Turkish, Latakia, Red Virginia, Kentucky Burley and Bright Strips" and in appearance, is very similar to Squadron Leader, except with perhaps 30% more darker strips.

When I filled the pipe, this is were I got confused. Described as a broken flake, it's made up of lots of long tough strips. I tried to do a three fill in a Tinsky and that was a mistake! Left quite a bit of dottle. Second try was in an St. Pat 69, I filled the pipe as if I was smoking a flake, just dribbled it in til full, no tamping. That went better, smoked down to clean ash. I may try taking some scissors and cutting the long strips into smaller bits.

Flavorwise, I mght describe it as similar to Squadron Leader (which for me is a light Oriental), except not as sweet and a bit more spicier. Don't pin me to that though, as I was struggling with the pack and having to do several relights, so I never really got the pipe going on a steady pace.

Will try again tomorrow!

3. inglisbe

inglisbe Member

Shortcut to Mushrooms by just for him. Nice and smoky tasting with a touch of sweetness.

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Haunted Bookshop was a very nice smoke in the Nording Viking (which always tended to get a wet heel most of the time......still breaking that pup in). This time, it was almost bone-dry, just a touch of moisture around the draft hole. Maybe my paying more attention to my technique helped, I was sure on it this time.

Next:

H&H Daybreak in a Bear's Den (T-bear!) Bamboo Dublin Freehand, what a pipe! What a smoke! I'm gonna go for some Stonehaven in this babe tomorrow morning. Let her rest overnight and wake her up bright and early! Come on Tomorrow!

T-Bear makes a mighty fine pipe folks! I'm enjoying the daylights out of this one! No regrets whatsoever! Actually look forward to more of his creations :whistle:

GlassSculptor, I was expecting the same as you, more berry and to be honest, I really didn't get any "berry" during the smoke nor in the bag-note. WTF? Trial & error......so it goes.

:)
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

5. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Solani 633 in a Pete 120, Twinings on the side and Foreigner on the tubes.

6. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Anny Kake in a Brebbia 880

7. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

C&D Epiphany in a Tinsky.
    Truly an all-day smoke!

8. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Black Cavendish in a basket pipe chruchwarden (btw this basket warden smokes like a dream and is very beautiful!!) sweet ice tea, Hammerfall- Unbent, Unbound, Unbroken blasting.

9. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

dunhill london mix in the new radice bent bulldog thing. awesome effin smoke

10. Stoked

Stoked Member

Tinderbox Special Blend in an Sav auto bent dublin. Absolutely amazing smoke.

11. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Half an half, Black Cavendish/Black Cordial in my Kaywoodie Drinkless bent dublin, sweet ice tea and Iced Earth, Horror Show blasting.

12. Barako

Barako Member

GLP Abingdon in a Pete System 303, JW Black label on the side... so now i know the difference between blended and single malt scotch :( ... anyway it still works for me and no biggie as it's cheap and still pairs well with a smoke.

13. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Just DGTed a bowl of LBF in a smallish pete and it really benefited from it.

14. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Starting the day with a big bowl of Acadian Perique in a MdP Brandy. :(

15. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

waking up with some Haunted Bookshop in a Mike Brisset poker :velho:

16. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Morning,

Enjoying a bowl of Anni Kake in the Wee Heavy with a side of coffee.

Z

17. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Using up the dregs - 50/50 Germain's Royal Jersey Cavendish and Rattrays's Old Gowrie in a Brakner cherrywood.

18. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Just had a big stack of flapjacks and now a big bowl of FVF in my Sav Punto Oro.

19. Barako

Barako Member

GLP Blackpoint in a Dunhill inner tube 196, JWBlack on the side, love the spice on this glp blend.

20. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

SMM in a Kevin Arthur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.