Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 51flgoose

51flgoose Member

Hmmm - interesting - let me know if you figure out the combination. It is continuing to give me a very good smoke this morning.

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Tough nut to crack...my tastebuds are off...that's a fact, yet Stogie tasted just like it should, yummy. Blackwoods in the meer tasted like I hoped too...don't remember fer sure, but I don't think I've been rubbing it out lately...I did rub out just now with the meer. Might be that simple? I hate it when blends toy with my emotions like this.

Blackwoods Flake, unrubbed, no dry time, gravity fed in a Falcon. Gonna puff like a steam train this go-round and see...

More Twinings English Breakfast w/lemon. I am feeling 'off' still.

3. 51flgoose

51flgoose Member

I think you're on to something here... I did rub mine out a good bit this morning and then let it dry for 1/2 hour. This should be obvious I guess, but sometimes I'm in too big of a hurry.

Hope you start feeling better.

Still working on the BWF... working from home on a project... so I tend to let the pipe go out when I'm "thinking" (I try not to do too much of that - thinking that is).

4. yinyang

Too soon to say definitively, but it looks like you're right(for my palette, anyway)...Didn't taste right in the Falcon. I realize the alum. stem 'dummies down' some 'baccy's, and I did huff 'n puff it, but after a slowdown mid-bowl, it started to improve. Guess it warrants a confirmation 'rubbed-out' bowl in a briar, for my part. Probably later though, time for a change of pace.

Mick McQuaid Square Cut(thanks to Burner)in the small bowled(thanks to WillH) Falcon...more Twinings w/lemon.

Thanks 'Goose, BTW, I think it's just a small chest cold...and hopefully that's all it is.

-Kyle

5. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

Squadron Leader, really liked it.

6. yinyang

Opened a pouch of Wessex Burley Broadcut...tried a pinch figuring it was too dry...yup. Off to get re-humidified. Now what should I smoke? Oh yeah, that poor neglected tin of Irish Flake...guess Rugs is right...I AM an addict! (I prefer the term 'junkie', though.)

7. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Kyle as long as you're not putting yourself out on the corner for another tin of IF you ain't a junkie... :roflmao:

Waiting on DoverPipes and box of baccy to get here (insert impatient emoticon here)

8. Smoke 80

Smoke 80 Member

Watching the Michigan/Michigan St. game along with Rolando's Own. It's not just a night cap anymore.

Go BLUE!

9. noflex

noflex Member

WOL Shamrock in a Kriswill halfbend ball, pepsi-max on the side.

10. yinyang

What if your wife puts you on the corner?

Red Cake in the Kirsten.

11. MtnHkrAZ

MtnHkrAZ Member

Just smoked a bowl of Tewksbury Nosferatu through one of my cobs

12. whitebriar

whitebriar Member

Sutliff Nr. 5 in a Kaywoodie bulldog--

a sample--it;s free and really not a bad smoke in it's own right--

13. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

Full Virginia Flake, wow, I'm really loving this.

14. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Blue Note in a MM Freehand cob, with some sweet ice tea on the side and The postal Service - The District Sleeps Alone blasting!!!! :jig:

15. yinyang

Smoking the remains of my IF in the Falcon...wondering if I should 'pop' another tin....guess only time will tell. A Camo XXXXX 10.5 alc% lager 24oz. on the side...glad it ain't the 12+%er...that one makes you see stars...

16. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Blue Note in a Jake Hackert Freehand cob, iced h2o. Smoked this on the drive back from Morgantown W.Va today. Wondahful smoke, pipe, and Fall colorz! Can't beat it, but I'm sore from driving (spinal fusion T-12 to L-2, TSRH titanium rods & screws) so my back doesn't do very well on drives or long plain rides. At least I'm alive to enjoy the 'baccy-cob-Fall colors!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

17. 51flgoose

51flgoose Member

Larry's Blend in an Ashton ELX Canadian... I hear some Lagavulin calling... and I must answer!

18. yinyang

I envy you, Ed...I've 'only' had my T4 thru T6 vertabrae crushed w/o hope of full repair...

My cryin' aside...

The rest of Burner's gift of Mick McQuaid Square cut in the Falcon...some decaf (sigh) coffee on the side.

I really enjoy the, uh, 'stoutness' of this 'baccy... Gonna hafta consider getting more soon.

19. yinyang

I envy you, Ed...I've 'only' had my T4 thru T6 vertabrae crushed w/o hope of full repair...

My cryin' aside...

The rest of Burner's gift of Mick McQuaid Square cut in the Falcon...some decaf (sigh) coffee on the side.

I really enjoy the, uh, 'stoutness' of this 'baccy... Gonna hafta consider getting more soon.

20. yinyang

You people with your lives and such...(It's Saturday, people...you should be home, posting moment by moment...) :whistle:

'Bout to set fire to 1776 Tavern in the Dr. Grabow Duke. Sweet tea to counterbalance the intake of lager I've imbibed. Yeah, I said it...'imbibed'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.