Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

smokin some Condor Ready Rubbed in a Falcon Genoa.... not liking it. Condor seems to taste better in a regular briar pipe!

2. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

don't let gerry hear you say that.

mclelland's no.27 in a corncob. this is the third bowl of this i've smoked (first in briar, second in meer) and i know it says straight VA but i swear it tastes like perique... anyone else had this?

3. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Just be thankful it wasn't anything good...

The same stuff, in a different Squatch.

4. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Earlier:

WOL Shamrock in a Sav 602. 3 step, meh. Need
    to cannonball it next time.

Just a bit ago:

421 in a Caminetto sitter. MMMmmmmm, tasty!!

dp

5. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

SMoking the last of my Ruins of Asgard. Was surprisingly good. When I need to order more tobacco that one will be on my list.

Z

6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

At least I mix it up a little...apparently with carpet fibers.

Carter Hall in the Kaywoodie again. Some hazelnut flavored decaf monstrosity with Caramel flavored creamer. Drinking this is like quaffing a smoke from an aromatics based leavings jar.

7. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

C&D Blockade Runner in a Pete 69 meer, Twinings on the side and Led Zep on the tubes.

Well the cold has finally come and they are saying snow possible Friday night.

8. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Pat's off to Springfield for the day...taking her mom to dentist appt. so it's just me and the pups. Guess I can dig out the MM965 and such...LOL

Starting the day with three year old Penzance in the WCD straight billiard meerschaum and a Cappuccino.

Have a great day kiddies!

9. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

Capstan Navy Flake in Pete Holmes Squire.

10. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Ok Kyle, that S.Bang Bong is the rare one and has never been seen by mortals...........so make sure you do it through a mirror..........don't want any "evil" to come onto you ;)

Yep, spil't my capu-fru-fru all over myself! THANKS Ted! Was fun chattin' in chat witchya!

Onto todayz bowlz:

Peterson's 2010 Holiday Season in a Bears Den (T-bear) Apple/Ball, wonderful toby and very nice and pleasant first smoke outta this burner! Thanks Ted!

TinderBox 1928 in a Wiley Churchwarden, exceptional toby! Definitely a new one for the cellar!

Peterson's Sherlock Holmes in a GBD Churchwarden, again, another exeptional toby! Will get some to cellar.

Peterson's 2010 Holiday Season (again!) in a '09 Tinsky Christmas pipe, great toby! great pipe! great smoke! It don't get any better!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

11. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

feeling slightly spinney after a midterm that totally handed me my butt on a platter. was running late and didn't get my good morning smoke, so i thought using sg black xx twist as chewing tobacco (ropes were originally both iirc) during the test would help... it did. but a little too much.

smoking a bowlful of it in the guildhall immediately after may have been overkill.

12. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Kitchen sink blend of "Cherry Cobbler" in a Kaywoodie canadian, Hawaiian Punch on the side. Worked pretty hard today.

Dub, sorry to hear about your finals. Hopefully you'll get another chance to do better.

Jesla, how do you like the Blockade Runner? I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts.

13. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I usually mix it up pretty good, but I've been on a weird kick lately. Last week I only smoked Sweet Vanilla Honeydew. This week I've craved Solani Aged Burley Flake. Man, both of those are good regular smokes. My mouth is watering for some ABF right now.

14. Grammaton

Grammaton Member

It happens to the best of us. I tried the McB Navy Flake again in my bent Peterson and the nicotine really hit me hard. It may have been because the NF was preceded by a bowl of PS Proper English.

The last time I smoked the Navy flake I felt fine. This time I got the sweats and that "just sit down before you vomit" feeling, followed by the "just sit there and watch tv while the room spins" feeling.

15. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Thanks to 'Goose's pity, generosity, get well gift, etc.....

About to run out and set fire to Penzance in the Medico prince, Earl Grey tea to help me brave the cold.

(Why did Bob send me the cheap stuff? Penzance, Silver Flake, Anny Cake... :whistle: Still, shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth... :thumbsu: )

Thanks, Bob!

16. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

for good or ill, now i'm done with midterms i'm celebrating with some mcclellands 3 oaks syrian in a BBB own make billiard, and rowan's creek bourbon (i know, i'm drinking something that isnt scotch!!!) on the side.

17. MtnHkrAZ

MtnHkrAZ Member

Had myself a bowl of CH in a cob after work...

18. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Finished up the day with 3 bowls of:

ABF + BCA in an MM Dane Egg w/modded MM Freehand stem "to fit" (2 bowls of) and the 3rd was the same mixture in a Tinsky '09 Christmas.

If you like ABF, and you like BCA, you gotta try a mix (50/50). WONDERFUL!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

19. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Sam Gawith Full Virginia Flake out of my new MM cob. ;)
    yummy!

20. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

GH Dark Flake Unscented in an old red logo Upshall bent blast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.