Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woody

woody Admin Admin

Damn! Yes more info please!

2. noflex

noflex Member

hmm I'm struggling with insomnia this night, so a bowl of OGS in a Bjarne Bent Dublin, tea on the side.

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, Dan but it just leaves more pipe time in the day. :D

SG FVF in a Tinsky Gold Apple..................

4. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Jeff / Woddy...the pipe was/is amazing...I have never had a pipe taste so pure (if you will) on the first bowl...Granted I have no experience with VA blends but it just felt right rubbing out the flakes and using the gravity method for the 1st fill after about a 20 min rest (the tobacco post rub).

It lit well and the taste...nothing like the english blends I've been smoking recently...my palate is more accusotmed to cigars after 10 years or so of smokeing em but all I can say is clean, sweet and tasty...I think I could have easily smoked a 2nd bowl...now I will admit I had some tounge bite but I think that was more my fault of really enjoying the taste and wanting too much too quickly...this is going to be an amazing pipe for me and I am already looking forward to getting the poker that MT has out at the sandblaster for me.

On to the second bowl of the night...I was euphoric (spelling?) after this experience and was in a great mood to go pick up the little one from daycare (22 months old) only to find he bit 2 children today. He's teething bad and the last of the molars are still comming in. Well he put us through our paces this evening and I'm pretty sure the dogs were even happier than we were to see him finally go to bed about 7:30...I promptly poured a glass of Jonnie Red and went downstairs to ponder my next move...cigar or pipe...well the pipe won and I opted to crack a fresh tin of SG SL (thanks again Jeff) and realized the Sasieni (4 dot natural #4) had not seen action in quite some time...I made my 1st attempt at packing via the air pocket method and all I can say again is DAMN...that was one of the easiest, cleanest, coolest bowls I have smoked in a long time...I had a bit of trouble in the begining getting it lit but once it took I tamped maybe 3 times the entrie bowl and it burned to nothing...I don't know if it was beginners luck or karm after the night my sone gave me but that was one of the best pipes I've smoked in some time.

Sorry for the long story guys but I had to get that out there...thanks for reading

Andrew

5. user0003

That's great Andrew and I'm so glad you are enjoying the pipe and the weed. Congratulations.

SG FVF in a Tinsky Gold Apple..............

6. atlharp

atlharp Member

Smoking Peterson Irish Flake out of the faux Savinelli pipe. Very nice! :bing:

ATL

7. noflex

noflex Member

Nice sunny morning in Denmark today, a bit cold. #222 Flake in a W.Ø Larsen Billiard, coffee on the side.

8. user0003

SG FVF in a Tinsky ASPPOY, coffee and Tangerine Dream on the tubes.

A cool 39 and rainy in the Smokys this morning.

9. noflex

noflex Member

#222 Flake in a Sav. Virginia #173, tea on the side.

10. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Afternoon all...

SG 1792 in a Nording Hunter '99, double shot of espresso on the side

11. noflex

noflex Member

After dinner smoke, some #111 Flake in a Stanwell Diamond #53, tea on the side.

12. user0003

You might want to sit while smoking 1792, it can hit pretty hard sometimes.... :D

SG FVF in a Tinsky...........

13. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

GLP Westminster in Radice Underwood, OK v TX on the tube

14. IHT

IHT Member

Wessex Campaign Dark Flake in a Stanwell golden danish poker.
    this is the most biting/tongue irritating blend i've ever smoked.

i pre-packed the bowl 2 days ago, lit right up, smoked slowly, and within a couple minutes my tongue was nearly on fire, as was the rest of my mouth.

15. noflex

noflex Member

another night where insomnia has a hold in me. Smoking some WOL Shamrock in a Karl Erik bent apppel handmade. tea on the side.

16. woody

woody Admin Admin

And here I am trying to stay awake. Carter Hall in a Sav 2622

17. IHT

IHT Member

may have to spark something up as soon as i'm done watching Jeremiah Johnson... i don't have a man cave to watch/smoke in. :eek:

18. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

C&D Evening Rise in my G. Jensen 51

Yankees on TV

19. user0003

SG FVF in a Tinsky Gold Apple, Coffee and 2002 on the tubes.

Heading over to the Blue Ridge Pkwy for a "viewing of the colors" drive this morning.

20. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

SG SL in my Sasieni 4 dot Dublin

About to start writing a paper for school and going to have some football on TV in the background shortly.

Rainy, cold, windy and all around just gross here in southern New England today :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.