Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Heading outside with a bowl of Dan's Blue Note in a Peoria Canadian Sitter.. Looking forward to a warmer winter day of smoking my pipes..

2. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Tewksbury Cletic Blend in a Pete w/ coffee on the side.
    Z

3. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Its snowing again but that will not stop me from going out with a bowl of MC Red Cake 5100 in a GBD Americana.. :beerhat:

4. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Sugar Barrel in the NOS Kaywoodie Yacht...looking forward to it being broken in already. Coffee on the side.

5. kreinhard

kreinhard Member

OMG! Wait. Let me back up here, because a trite, Internet acronym doesn't really convey the full effect...

Oh. My. G-d!

Krumble Kake in the (gasp! dare I say it?) lattice billiard meer. Now this is what pipe smoking is all about, my friends! As the Campbell's people are won't to say from time to time, "Mmmm, mmmm good!" Who cares that it's sub-freezing, with 7 knot winds out of 220, snow in the forecast and brooding, grey skies? I don't, that's for sure. Smoky, earthy, incense with just a hint of sweetness. Subtle on the palate until about the half-bowl mark when it reaches out and grabs the taste buds with a crushing, kung-fu grip. OK, not really, but it is good. ;) Lapsang souchong back.

6. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Just got back from an outside smoke of SG's Black XX Twist in a Eagle Claw Meer.. Strong but I like it that way..:thumb:

7. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Chelsea Morning in a Pete.

8. Gondar

Gondar Member

Ah! Temperatures well above 0 C. Gentle rain and mild winds, making the shifting in the overcast as calming to watch as the stars can ever be. Simply enjoying my porch and some EMP in my Pete and even the glass of water on the side was just right.

9. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Escudo in a Bulldog Meer . Then Red Paramour in a GBD Americana..

10. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Sugar Barrel in my Pete while watching the Super Bowl.

11. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Dan's Blue Note in my MM Country Gentleman to cheer GB's TD.. Yea..

12. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

Somebody get Kreinhard in the house and thawed out....

Penzance in a Squatch.

13. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Oh Be Joyful in the Pete w/ a side of coffee
    Z

14. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Starting my morning out with a bowl of Dan's Blue Note in a Dr. Grabow Riviera Canadian.. Much warmer morning than it has been..

15. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Loaded up the Malaga Oom Paul with Sugar Barrel for the drive to my wife's work earlier. It's good stuff, but man!, it burns quick...30 minutes in a large Oomy bowl and that's all she wrote.

Going to the doctor's shortly, so I think I'll reuse the pipe, but this time it'll be OGS. That will last me the drive and then some...(an hour! Darnit.) Motrin at the ready.

16. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Had a good morning. Went outside for chores with a bowl of Balkan Sasieni in a La Strada Pico.. Then just returned from a walk down the road with a bowl of Cob Mix ( Toss Can ) in a MM Great Dane Spool Cob. Smokes great..

17. len smetona

len smetona Member

Up In Smoke "Old Mule" in the smaller bent bulldog (NJ pipe show $5 pipe), India tea on the side.

UP in smoke is a tobacco shop chain in TX. I was there on a trip and Old Mule is a mix of three of their jar tobys. A nice mild aromatic.

The store chain is big enough for Savinelli to stamp 'Up in Smoke" on the pipes they make for the chain.

18. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Escudo in a Bulldog Meer.. Heading out now with the last of a sample of MacB's Club Blend in a La Strada Pico..

19. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Ennerdale Flake in a magnum-sized tall bulldog meer from one of member Sinan Altinok's carvers. Huge bowl + flake = very looooooong smoke!

20. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Stopped by the local B&M on my way home and picked up a (50g) tin of Samuel Gawith Westmorland. Gonna fire it up in a minute in my Pete. Smells interesting. :eek:hyeah:
    *It cost $9.40 with tax! Not too bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.