Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Gonna puff up some Tordenskjold Virginia Slices in my Cevher meer tonight! :thumbsu:

2. David L

David L Member

Voodoo in my CG cob....

3. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Hey! This isn't the 'Will eventually be smoking' thread...you fire up a bowl now, mister!

(I know, it isn't the pick on the previous poster thread, either.)
    Lucky for me, I'm currently enjoying a bowl.

4. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

5100 in a Grabow Grand Duke, an ice cold Duke pilsener on the side.

Hmmm a Duke with a Duke...

5. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Classic Samsun in a GBD Americana..

6. yinyang

The last blend to be sampled from my quick B&M stop earlier...

PS Luxury Navy Flake in a Stanwell 140.

Did someone say this is like OGS with perique? I can go along with that.

7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I'm smoking a bowl of GH Best Brown #2. The tin is probably fairly old as it was the last tin in the store and they haven't gotten new stock in a LONG time.

My Kendal's dark I buy bulk there has a bit of a floral/soapy quality to it...but this? Wow, if this is lakeland, I love it.

I further suspect it's a particularly old tin because I buy FVF by the ounce there once in a blue moon, and I've never seen them without it even as long as it's been since they restocked. That stuff is always quite moist.

This, even from an unopened tin, was rather on the dry side, unbelievably easy to rub out and provide a great smoke, etc. It's moist enough to not be dead or flat at all, but dry enough to feel slightly crisp to the touch on the outside of an unbroken flake. I hope they get more stock in soon, because I could sure as hell get used to smoking like this...

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm finishing this bowl from earlier. Started it, but it's my day off and a friend wanted to go to the bar, so I took my La Rocca and a pouch of CBW since I'd be on the patio with cigarette smokers. I figured I'd want a tobacco the crowd might appreciate.

Nothing wrong with a little CB once in a while in my book, but after two bowls of that and a few drinks...I'm glad to come home to this!

8. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Good evening, fellow pipers. Today I decided to try the patented fold-n-stuff method for the first time (see, even veteran smokers can learn something new). FVF in a Savinelli Roma. So far, so good...so very good indeed.

9. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm smoking the X Blend Limited Edition I bought today. Not many reviews on tobaccoreviews.com and those that exist are mainly negative, but I'm liking this a lot. Smooth, cool smoking, and flavorful but not TOO full bodied or too mild. I could see myself puffing on this all day. Since only 500 tins were made and the b&m has a lot, I think if I still like this half way through the tin I'll buy up as many as I can :groucho:

10. David L

David L Member

MB Plumcake in my Sav Dry system. Inaugural smoke for both!

11. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Balkan Sasieni in a GBD Americana...

12. yinyang

A looooong bowl of PS Luxury Twist in a Malaga Oom Paul. A Keystone Ice 24oz. on the side. If it's a race, the beer is winning.

13. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Congrats on the new pipe, sir. Be sure to try it both with the filter and the converter tube. You might like it better one way than the other.

14. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Just in from a bowl of PS cube cut in a John Crosby canted apple

15. WisconsinPiper

WisconsinPiper Member

PS Bullseye Flake in a Savinelli Roma with a glass of tea.

Ooooooo it's good.

16. jeffbee

jeffbee Member

Villiger 1888 Late Night in a Butz Choquin Billiard. I have a cold. This smoke is not as enjoyable as I would like.

17. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

A bowl out of my "Personal Blend" jar (random leftovers thrown together) in a ragged old meerschaum. Kinda gurgly, but the piece won't pass a cleaner.

18. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Just before work: Peterson 2010 Holiday
    in the Askwith.

19. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

FVF in a tiny weeny rusticated pot.

:coffee:

20. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

Ten Russians in a Squatch dublin. I was looking through old photos yesterday and came across a shot of one of a high school friend, his dad, and myself standing on the shore of the west branch of the Ausable River after a days fly fishing. The pipe in the mouth of my friends Dad looks just like the dublin Todd made for me. It was a Briar Workshop, made by Elliot Nachwalter, back when Andrew Marks, Brad Pohlman and JT Cooke were hanging around carving wood. I'm going to have to see if he still has that pipe, I think I want it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.