Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Black XX in the Omega... Because sometimes you just want to lick the carbonized crud that's been caked on the bottom of your oven for the last two years! :confused:

yinyang likes this.

2. Beale

Beale Active Member

FMATP in my Diplomat

Lancer's Slices in my Kaywoddie

3. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Erinmore Mixture, courtesy of the generous Beale! Thanks man

Beale likes this.
  4. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

A thin cigar butt, packed all-round with CH!.....*#+*ing aweful!, no fool like an old one! :puke: :xd:

yinyang and Kiowapipe like this.
  5. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

Frog Morton in my humongous new sask :D

6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Just finished my first bowl of W.O. Larsen Signature Vintage, in my Stanwell billiard. This pipe is great, smokes down to a fine ash with little to no dottle every single time. Best smoker I've got, with my Ben Wade billiard in close second.

The Larsen blend is great, with a nice berry flavor with hints of other essences such as vanilla, honey, maybe some sort of spirit, but it never overwhelms the palate, and allows the quality of the fine tobaccos to shine through - if not their actual natural flavors. I would compare it favorably to a slightly lower nicotine, ribbon cut version of UF - similar flavors present, both featuring high quality tobaccos.

7. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

T.G Midnight Smoke in my Savinelli Clarks Favorite Black & White, sweet ice tea on the side and Hammerfall - Never Ever blasting!!!!!! :bdance:

8. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Smoking Sunday Picnic in Sally, my Snake bequethed Falcon. This poor pipe has been through the ringer today while my son and I work on my elderly mother's car. Three things....1) I hate working on cars...2) Power steering fluid smokes something awful....3) Falcon's are awesome!!! ('specially whilst covered in car 'goo'...) :)

9. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

221b Arcadia. Good enough for Watson, good enough for me. Smoking it in my Everyman, which has lain fallow since I ran out of SL. Man this pipe is a good smoke. Effortless.

10. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Congratulations on hitting 2000, Snake! Working steadily toward 1000 myself.

Herb

Oh, by the way, my first bowl of Dunhill Flake (GAF? Would one of you guys explain that, please?) is now on deck on the DiMonte, drying a little.

11. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Coaxing the last few available puffs out of the bottom of a bowl of 965 in my Ben Wade Canadian

Edit: dang, the last few puffs came and went too quickly. Guess I better decide on what I'll have later this evening, after a decent meal and a little bit of time to digest it. :puffy:

12. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Holy smokes, this is good Virginia! This is one I'd overlooked all these years, and I might have kept passing it by if it wasn't for all the good things I've heard about it here. Thank you gentlemen! You too, Kyle! ;)

Kiowapipe likes this.
  13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

This was explained somewhere else on PSF rather recently. I believe the explanation was that some member (I forget which) a long while ago commented that the stuff was so good that you could call it gorilla a**crack flake and it would still sell/be a great blend. Something to that effect. The nickname stuck and evolved into the abbreviation....haven't tried the stuff yet. Look forward to it at some point though.

14. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Oh, so that's it. I've been smoking long enough to remember when it was known as Dunhill Light Flake, but I thought maybe it had yet another moniker before that.

15. Beale

Beale Active Member

DNC in my Spool.

16. Zfog

Zfog Member

A bowlf of Capstan Medium out of a 4 Dot. This stuff is freaking great!

17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Decided on a favorite of mine for an after dinner smoke tonight. Don't smoke this stuff enough....Ferndown Yellow and Brown, in my Bjarne of course. Everybody who enjoys natural blends should try it. It is without a doubt among the most refined and elegant blends I've ever tasted. Screw the Balkan Flake, when I get paid I'm going to get a couple more tins of this because once the Tinderbox runs out of what they have on hand they'll likely not buy more.

Primarily a base of sweet, fragrant, mature Virginias. I examined it under a light before packing this bowl, and the sugary goodness is quite evident. The VA character is well balanced with a restrained helping of orientals, giving it a much richer, rounder flavor. No latakia, so it's not what we'd think of as an "English" blend, but it does allude to some of our favorite English flavors. Truly a superb blend. It's just a shame Ferndown doesn't seem to be more well known. I'll have to try some of their other stuff!

18. Charles

Charles Member

FMOTT in a meer

19. DocB

DocB Active Member

SWRA in a full-bent

20. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Good morning, Prince Albert in my MM Patriot - for starters.
    OT

Kiowapipe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.