Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Four Square Mild in a Castello dublin.
    Now Glenmorangie before bed.

2. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Last night I gave UF another shot in my maple freehand. It was one of those perfect smokes where one match and half a bowl later you realize you haven't tamped yet! The second attempt with UF really brought me around. I think I could like this blend quite a bit. We'll see how the rest of the tin goes.

3. Waino

Waino Active Member

Rattrays Red Rapparee in a Venini

4. Beale

Beale Active Member

McBNF in my Diplomat
    RBM in my Legend

5. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

McClelland Virginia Woods in "Kremer's First Prize" Savinelli bulldog. Really good, I was afraid at first because it smelled and tasted just like Deep Hollow (which I like but wanted something different). The taste changed quickly as I got it going. Very nice, similar to Deep Hollow but I like the flavor of this better. And the bulldog is a great addition to the collection, I've never gone wrong with Savinelli's.

6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Trying Mac Baren 7Seas Gold for the second time. More successful than the first smoke. It's odd, I find a very strong suggestion of fruit in the tin aroma, but none of that really comes through in the smoke. More caramel. This stuff isn't bad as long as you smoke it nice and slow and cool

7. Beale

Beale Active Member

Peterson IF in my Meer.

8. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

We have a golden retriever named Daisy and often call her Daisy Mae. Weird

9. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

PS LTF in a Pete.

10. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Altadi's Fox & Hound in a MM Legend. The pouch was opened a while ago to give it a whiff, I got it as a free gift with an online order. Pouch aroma: not bad, nice latakia presence, but a strangely sweet and mildly fruity undertone to it. Some sort of topping, perhaps?

After being open for a couple weeks and not even in a tin, it hasn't dried out at all, so I didn't bother drying before packing. unlike usual, I did make a pipe cleaner filter for my cob to improve the draw quality.

I wasn't expecting much from this blend, and in fact I expected it to suck wildly. It's not so bad so far. Imagine CH with the slightest seasoning of latakia, orientals and perique. A little more interesting than your average OTC. Nothing to write home about, but certainly not bad. I think it's likely I'll take this for smoke breaks at work when I don't get to sit and enjoy a pipe properly but want to pass the time puffing. The taste is mild, a little boring, but more or less inoffensive. I would not buy this, but I will smoke this again. Time will tell if I will finish the pouch.

Just a little bitey, so as always it's good to remember to take your time.

I'm actually kind of intrigued. That vanilla crap they sent me was awful. This isn't great, but....it doesn't suck wildly. May be good for mowing the lawn and such

Update: mildly interesting, but bitey as heck. I'll of course give it at least another try or two before deciding whether or not I will smoke the whole pouch, but this smoke is over, and only half the bowl gone. Ack.

11. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Having my first go at Mac Baren HH Vintage Syrian. I'm not a lat fiend, but I don't hate it either. Most blends I've smoked have been so-so, but a few have been outstanding. This Mac B blend is exceptionally nice. It's smooth, a hint of sweet, smokey, and a few complexities that come in and out throughout the bowl. I think I've been won over. Smoking it in my bent Neerup.

12. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Having some Smokers Pride black cavendish in my MM MacArthur(bent) with some sweet tea on the side, and Dreamtheater - In The Presence of Enemies Pt 1 & 2!!!!!!!!!!! :hbang:

13. Charles

Charles Member

University Flake in an Old Vic Pig Skin wrapped billiard.

14. len smetona

len smetona Member

Some Balkan Sasieni in a little Pete Dublin, Killarny finish, Cabernet on the side

15. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Squadron Leader in a Bari Squash. While I think GAF could become my daily driver, as it were, SL is still my show car, the one I drive with the top down in the parade.

Kiowapipe likes this.
  16. telltime

telltime Active Member

Speaking of top down in a parade...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=679290191409%3A855713882&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=Share-_-Personal-_-Email-_-Sharee-_-Top

It's my wife's "gallery," so I can't pull the pictures of just my son and me in the car, but scroll a few after the fire trucks, and you'll see my son and me in the Healey on July 4th. I did have a pipe with me in the car (a DH Bulldog) that remained unlit, but no pictures with it.

17. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

Old Gowrie in a Sasieni Two Dot.

18. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

PH Dark Strong in a Squatch.

19. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

GAF in the Askwith​

20. user1975

user1975 Active Member