Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beale

Beale Active Member

Dunhill Nightcap in my MMCG.

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Sugar Barrel in a GBD pot.

3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Peter Stokkebye Proper English in my Ben Wade Canadian. Really anxious to get my Johs bulldog soon! It's very likely going to be a catch-all Oriental/Latakia blend pipe

[​IMG]

4. troyn60

troyn60 Member

GAF in a cob... beer in the other hand.

5. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

Nightcap in my Ben Wade Blasted Apple

6. Charles

Charles Member

Longbottom Leaf in a Viking Head Meer. Watching Yo Gabba Gabba with the kids.

7. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

PSEO in a cob.

8. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Thanks to the overwhelming generosity of a member who shall remain nameless, I am enjoying my first ever bowl of Penzance in one of my Sav 76's. Very much a Latakia-forward blend, but there's more going on here. Calling it a Lat Bomb wouldn't do it justice. I can see why you folks stockpile this one.

Kiowapipe likes this.
  9. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Hey, sounds good, Herb!

Funny how trying a blend in a different pipe can make a world of difference for one or the other. I have this slightly bent Brebbia billiard, and to be honest it's my least favorite pipe. Spiderwebbing (unsure if it's my fault or not, as I bought it when I was a virtual newbie) in the bottom of the bowl, usually an odd taste at the bottom, smokes hot and wet and all that.....well, because it's a cheap pipe anyway (Brebbia Night, their "basket" line) I haven't taken care of it and it is one of my less beautiful pipes...though none of them will win any prizes. Anyway, I usually smoke Kendal Dark in it, for a few reasons. First is the pipe smokes lousy, so a shag cut tobacco with little moisture in it like Kendal Dark is a good thing in my opinion. Less time for the smoke to go south, less moisture to gum up the works. In addition, the pipe is cheap and not so beautiful, so it is perfect for keeping in my pocket at work for my breaks. When I have Kendal Dark in it, I can finish a bowl in just under 15 minutes, and I have 15 minute breaks. It leaves me full of nicotine and cheer, and my pipe doesnt need to be cleaned until I get home. Being empty at that point, I can put it back in my pocket with no worries. I've been out of Kendal Dark for months, and havent smoked the pipe in weeks.

I just lit a bowl of W.O. Larsen Signature Vintage in the Brebbia Night, and it's smoking like a dream. This may become my third aromatic pipe. I need to get more Kendal Dark, which has a robust but moderately floral Lakeland-type scent which is very present in the smoke but doesnt ghost too badly. Despite being the primary tobacco for this pipe historically, there is next to no lakeland ghost in this smoke. Smooth, cool, dry-smoking fruity flavors of the Signature Vintage. I'm sure most other aromatics would smoke wet and hot and gurgly in this pipe, but this blend is working very well indeed!

I am a happy smoker! I thought this pipe was unredeemable except for a smoke break pipe with a strong shag cut leaf. Turns out perhaps it can perform well with some other tobaccos.

10. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

3Oaks in a Kabik, Stoli rocks, just back from the beach, got a damp and sandy dog on my feet, nice day...

11. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

C&D Bayou Morning Flake in a Pietenpauw Lovat.

12. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

Old Gowrie in a Squatch pot.

13. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Alamosa in a little Italian basket pipe.

:ccup: :ccup:

14. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Balkan Sasieni in a MM Great Dane, black coffee on the side. I just realized I virtually never smoke latakia blends in cobs, but I don't know why.

15. TheKiltedOne

TheKiltedOne Active Member

Two bowls in my brand new Dwaugh Clay Dog, one of Clan and another Peach brandy. Both bowls smoked well right down to the bottom, I really like this pipe.

16. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

I tend to do the same thing. For some reason Latakia blends just seem more suited to a nice heavy briar while Virginias and Burleys seem perfect for a cob.

17. Beale

Beale Active Member

Mc B Navy in my Capet

C&D Black frigate in my Legend.

18. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I wear it as cologne.

Thanks to Puff's inadvertant subliminal messaging, GAF in a Verona Naturale four square. Sweet tea on the side.

19. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Ferndown Yellow & Brown in my Savinelli prince. Should have smoked it in the Ben Wade billiard. I love this tobacco, and this pipe, but despite being spiced with Orientals, this really is first and foremost a Virginia dominated blend. Still I'm quite happy to be smoking it!

20. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

McC Virginia Woods in "Kremer's first prize" Savinelli bulldog, water on the rocks along side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.