Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

Gawith Hoggarth Coconut twist in a custom bilt.. Just got out of the lake, now in the yard checking my grape vines...

2. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

GH CR Flake in a Pony Cob.

:th1::th1:

3. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

Had MacB Mixture Modern in a MM Legend. Found it kind of...boring. Maybe I let it dry too long? IDK...I've got a 100G tins worth (-2 bowls) so I'll come back to it eventually and see if I still find it boring.

4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Second consecutive day off....am I on vacation or something? This calls for yet another smoke. Sutliff Private Stock's "French Quarter" in my Brebbia Night. I used to smoke this aromatic blend rather frequently for a short while. Its been some time, and the contents of the open tin have dried a bit. It's got a unique liqueur flavoring element to it, yet it maintains a decently "authentic" tobacco flavor. Enhanced by the flavoring, not masked. It's very mild and easy to smoke too fast so I have to be careful to pace myself, but all in all its not too bad. Kind of a nice change of pace.

Turkish coffee on the side. I found a bunch of shot glasses and demitasse cups at a garage sale for twenty five cents each today, so I got four tiny ceramic cups today for a buck to drink my coffee from. I'm trying to get rehired at Starbucks, so if that works out I'll also have one to keep at work for my espresso. :)

5. Waino

Waino Active Member

Rattray┬┤s Red Rapparee in a Stanwell Nordic.

6. Beale

Beale Active Member

PSEO in my MMCG

7. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Sugar Barrel in a Malaga Oom Paul. Sweet tea and a gentle breeze accompanying me.

8. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Condor in a cob. Yep.

9. 51flgoose

51flgoose Member

Settling in with some Classic Burley Kake in a Large Lewis Billiard - woohoo, it's Friday...

10. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

Old Gowrie in a Design Berlin bent, fat apple. Old Gowrie is so good, it's really grown on me it's absolutely delicious. The pipe is a new one I just got it in from an Ebay win and it's fantastic I love it. My luck with pipes from Ebay has been exceptionally good, haven't got a clunker yet.

Kiowapipe likes this.
  11. 51flgoose

51flgoose Member

I have Design Berlin Bent, Fluted Apple... It is part of my regular rotation. It's an excellent smoker... I have to say that the name, "Design Berlin" leaves me a little flat - but they make a good pipe.

12. troyn60

troyn60 Member

PS LBF in a MM egg.

13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Davidoff Danish Mixture in my Stanwell Zebrano billiard. Quite enoying it :puffy:

14. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

OG is still my favorite non-flake Virginia. It might even be my favorite overall VA. I'd lay a tin of OG with a couple years on it against just about anything.

Wicklow likes this.
  15. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

I agree with you that the name is kinda "meh" and to be honest I felt I was rolling the dice on this one. I knew little of the maker but the shape was perfect and it looked well put together. It is a great smoker though, paired with the Old Gowrie it was a heavenly smoke. Here's a link to it -
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...39039&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_4533wt_1115

16. Mbalta

Mbalta Member

St. Bruno ready rubbed in a green Peterson Celtic 01. It's the 1st Virginia+Kentucky blend I try. Different, but damn it's good!

17. Iain

Iain Active Member

Royal Yacht in a Goldspot Bulldog

18. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

IRC VA Flake in a Pete bulldog.

19. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

On the advice of Sarge564, Dan Tobacco's Limerick in my Dr. Bob straight billiard. Another stellar recommendation from a fellow PSF member! Thanks, Sarge!

20. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Where's your Bill W. brandy? :rofl:

All jokes aside, I'd like a Dr Bob. They look like some good pipes!

I'm smoking PS Proper English in my Ben Wade Canadian and watching Despicable Me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.