Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

I really like it a lot. It's smooth and very creamy, lots of vanilla and caramal flavor. It's an easy smoke, because I'm a newbie and have no problems keeping it lit. It is however, a bit wet, a one pipe cleaner smoke, leaving a bit of moisture in the bowl. Very nice and relaxing. It was smoking this blend that I realized that pipe smoking is one of those things you can do while doing absolutely nothing at all. A true brain release.

2. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

.....a few here have had one of those!:byg:;)

3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Hearth & Home Lakeland Brickle (original) in the La Rocca. I love this stuff! It is slightly sweeter and milder than Best Brown Flake #2 and with a slightly fruity undertone which is almost entirely drowned out by the floral taste and aroma. This is mild-medium, not a ton of nicotine but it doesn't leave you wanting unless you're really in the mood for something really strong.

Being made in New York his obviously isn't a true "Lakeland" tobacco, but the flavoring is quite similar. I'm on a bit of a floral kick right now, so it really hits the spot for my first smoke of the day! I'd love to see a wider selection of these types of blends coming from the US, especially some flakes and some higher nicotine blends. So far there's just this and fortissimo, but I can't complain with the quality of this given the great price.

4. HiloJohnny

HiloJohnny Guest

Starting the day with....
    Sir Walter Raleigh in a Hackert cob....:puffy:

5. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Sounds like I'm going to have to try Lakeland Brickle. Heck of a price too!

Last of the Sam's Flake in a rusticated bent Dublin. Sure did enjoy this blend. Hope SG ships some bulk across the pond one of these days....:rolleyes:

6. jeff394

jeff394 Member

Just had some OGS in a basket poker. Great tobacco and a great little pipe.

7. troyn60

troyn60 Member

Dunhill flake in my MM egg. Coffee on the side, and it's about 65 degrees on my deck. I hope this bowl never ends.

8. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

It's great stuff. Don't approach it hoping it will be a perfect match for any true Lakeland blend, but the flavor profile does hit pretty close to the mark. Think of it as an Americanized version of the style. It's highly floral, with a good bit of spice and earth to it, as well.

About to head to the porch with a cob full of Orlik Golden Sliced. Edit: Ahh, there we go :)

9. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Thanks to Capt, I am smoking 5100 Red Cake in MM Legend, very nice

Capt likes this.
  10. GlassSculptor

As long as it's closer to BBF #2 rather than Ennerdale. I could probably smoke #2 (that sounds wierd...:)) all day if I had to. Can't say the same about Ennerdale.

11. GlassSculptor

Best Brown #2, aka :poop: in a tiny rusticated bent Apple.

:th1:

12. Capt

Capt Active Member

Glad ya like it. No smoke for me today, working. Well, if a dwelling fire counts............

13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I haven't had the Ennerdale yet. I find it roughly similar to BBF2, though, with a moderate floral/soapy note but with just the slightest touch of fruit and a bit more sweetness. It certainly has it's differences, but I like it.

One major difference is the scents must be added in quite a different manner. The tin notes of things like BBF2 and Kendal Dark (which to me is pretty floral) offer no suggestion of the explosion of unique flavor coming my way in my experience. Lakeland Brickle, on the other hand, smells like it's been perfumed, and if you store other tobacco too near it the scent can be picked up on other stuff very mildly.

14. shadow

shadow Active Member

I'm having Torben Dansk #14 Flake in a lovely Charatan Zulu and a few beers with it.

15. jeff394

jeff394 Member

Just had some GAF in my MM CG. Pretty MF good.

16. HiloJohnny

HiloJohnny Guest

Prince Albert in MM cob....:puffy:

17. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Sugar Barrel/Five Bros. mixed fifty-fifty in a GBD pot. The first half bowl was very good, but now...meh.

18. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Good evening. I'm enjoying my first ever taste of SG FVF in a very classy Sas billiard, courtesy of the wonderful PSF B0x Pass. 'Tis a most excellent VA indeed!

Bri2k

19. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

LTF in a Stanwell bent Dublin. Coffee and a respite from the rain for company.

20. Evilgemini

Evilgemini Member

Blackwoods flake out of a Pete 302, neighbors strolling by in the rain for a quick word. Air is heavy but nice & smoke hangs in low clouds. Me relaxed? Nah. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.