Now Smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake

permanent ankle biter
Plant has a shutdown this week, so
I'm up for plenty of pipeage over the
next few days. Starting out with some
Uni Flake in the old trusty Falcon apple.

nesta

I'm smoking a combination of Cumberland Sweet Twist (very, very coarsely cut and then rubbed out) and rubbed out Former's Birds' Eye Flake. One for full bodied strength, one for a mellower, sweeter flavor.

This is in the MM Legend, and it's only about 3/4 packed anyway. I wanted a shorter smoke cause it's not so nice out tonight, but I wanted to make it count. Only two cigarettes today, so I figure a N-heavy nightcap is fair game ;)

HCraven

My first crack at Stokkebye's English Luxury, thanks yet again to Nitehawk for a sample. Oh, in a Sav Linea 76.

As possibly the site's most vocal proponent of Squadron Leader, I'm going to commit heresy and tell you that this is a good substitute, if there can be one, when the real deal is scarce; not a copy, but something similar with it's own strengths. Yes, there may be some Black Cavendish in there, but it doesn't take away from the English soul of this blend (and contrary to tobaccoreviews' assertion, it's a ribbon cut, not a broken flake). I understand it sells for less than half the price of SL, too.

nesta

^PS Proper English has a rather odd, musty, earthy pouch aroma but smokes wonderfully...I keep hearing English Luxury and English Oriental Supreme are also very good. I'll have to order some next time I'm in the market for something with latakia in it!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwweeeeee! This twist is starting to get me feeling all twisty! Ahhh, nicotine! :sh:

I might add that I enjoy Snus, but have never used dip. And a thoroughly lackluster try with a pouch of Levi Garrett also turned me way off to chewing tobacco.

But this twist....I thought...."I know it's good to smoke, so whats the harm in trying?" A few times I've cut off some very small plugs of the twist and used it for chewing, and I gotta say it's not bad at all. Much better than Levi Garrett! Still, I'm avoiding doing that too often because just as with cigarettes it offers too much nicotine too quickly, I'm afraid I'd get hooked on that like cigarettes and not be able to have a satisfying smoke from my pipe. When I'm actively smoking cigarettes regularly, I still smoke and enjoy my pipes....but they never get me nicotine enough to be good enough on their own. Is it odd that my main reason I'm trying to quit smoking cigarettes is so I'll enjoy smoking pipes more?:msty:

nesta

I figured a McClelland VA sounded like a nice change of pace, so I loaded up some Matured Virginia No. 27 in the Ben Wade billiard. Since it's a rainy, dreary, cool morning I figured a pipe full of this and a big steaming mug of smoked tea sounded like a nice way to wake up :puffy:

yinyang

Some rim charring is to be expected.
Red Cake in the TB Verona four square, some Barry's Irish Breakfast tea on the side. About to go check up on regional river levels. They're comparing this Sept. rain with the Agnes floods of '72...oy.

Status
Not open for further replies.