Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Exhausted Rooster in a MM Great Dane Egg. Weee!

2. Spam

Spam Member

First bowl of Condor in a 3/4 Orlik, Semi-Bent Apple. I thought it'd be rude not to pick a pouch up today at the super market, seeing as some of you Americans lust after it.

Well... erm... it was interesting. A little floral on the light, tasty but one dimensional throughout the bowl with occasional buttery hints and a little of that floral note at intervals. I see how this could be a nice all day smoke, but it's not so good after dinner.

3. Out of Town

Out of Town Member

Today i have smoked Ennerdale,Erinmore, Ennerdale, St B, Ennerdale, Navy cut ......... err...and now smoking Ennerdale..... again:sh:

4. ATXPipe

ATXPipe Member

I screwed up & smoked SG Navy Flake this morning before I ate a decent breakfast.:puke:
    This is not a morning tobacco for me.

5. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

After reading Herb's review, I had to try some St. George. Ruff was kind enough to send me some (thanks man!) and I'm smoking it now. Gotta say, this stuff is pretty tasty, and it burns like a boss. No goop, no bite, no weird chemical flavor. Just some nice natural-tasting cherry cavendish over top of a little quiet VA. I don't smoke aros often, but I think I could smoke a lot of this.

HCraven likes this.
  6. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

SG FVF in my Savinelli Black n White, sweet ice tea on the side.

7. Beale

Beale Active Member

6 Va's in my Diplomat
    McB Navy Dublin
    Melange in my Washington

8. len smetona

len smetona Member

PS Luxury Blend in a Pete 220 Donegal Rocky, its ok but I don't need to get another tin.

9. len smetona

len smetona Member

My first try of Hal'o the Wynd in a giant Wiley Canadian. Its good, but I like Brown Clunee better :)

10. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

My 1st try of 968A: Orient Express in my Sav Estella. (Thx Tx)

11. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Member

Angler's Dream I'm a Digby billiard...jury's still out. Better than I expected after reading a few opinions.

12. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

That is some seriously good stuff. I can't believe they started with Paladin and wound up with a decent blend.

And now for something completely different: Sillem's Black. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this one (as I was, until this afternoon) it's sort of an aromatic lat bomb, if that makes any sense. The Latakia is a BIG presence here, as is the rather pleasantly flavored Cavendish, and I think I would like both on their own, but I'm not yet sure if this is the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup of tobaccos or something more akin to an asparagus sundae. Either way, I don't think this pulls off the combination of Latakia and Cavendish as well as Capt. Earle's English Atmosphere, IMO.

P.S. I am fairly sure that Ruffino would not approve.

13. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Erinmore Mixture in a Guildhall foursquare (#534), red wine and dog on the side. -David

14. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Bob Barker would be disappointed. :)

Dan Bulldog in one of David's clays. Not the bulldog clay, though. Think i'll stop mentioning 'dog' now....David is salivating.

dwaugh and HCraven like this.
  15. len smetona

len smetona Member

One more before bed.. Tried Troost special in the little pete barrel. I like it, an aro that taste good, but did break down into funkiness at the end of the bowl. A keeper.

16. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Well, the Sillem's was, uh, different. It gets phenomenal reviews, but it's not among my favorites. Plan B: McConnell's Scottish Blend in a Bjarne whose shape I'm always at a loss to describe. Kind of a stubby Lovat with a plateau top. Anyway, my buddy was putting in a TAD order, and asked if I wanted anything, and I mentioned that I'd like to score a tin of Scottish Cake, but to be sure he didn't order Scottish Flake, because that's not the same thing. Well, I wound up with Scottish Blend. Not that I'm upset, I probably wouldn't have tried it otherwise, and it's pretty darn good. An English with a more pronounced, tangy Virginia flavor, and apparently some Perique. TR claims that it has Cavendish, but if it does, McConnell makes no mention of it and it is surely the brown variety if it's there at all. I'm pretty impressed with McConnell so far. I may have to collect 'em all!

17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I've been curious about that brand. I always see it in stores but never hear it mentioned.

Last smoke of the day was Haunted Bookshop in my Royal Coachman bulldog. I'm on to snus for the rest of the evening though. Yum, yum

18. Jay

Jay Active Member

Carter Hall in a Duca Carlo.

Cheap weed, Cheap pipe.

Good times!

Mington likes this.
  19. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

As I say, I've been really impressed by the quality of McConnell leaf (though we had an awkward introduction in the blind review). I plan on ordering a few more, like Folded Flake, Oriental, Glen Piper, and of course the Scottish Cake I didn't get this time. Hope you enjoy the snus!

20. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

McB Golden extra in a bent stanwell acorn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.