Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Curiosity is getting the best of me...now smoking Dark Birdseye in the same Puppy Mill clay. DBE is mo betta, it appears...

Dang. I've got to procure some Kendal Kentucky now...and yoinks, possibly lie down.

dwaugh likes this.

2. yinyang

Savibelli? :D

If IRC 2035 is in fact McClelland's rebranded, i'd say you pegged it. I like sloppy wet flakes, but even I try to dry 2035 out some.

3. Gary

Gary Member

Yes, savibelli...chubby lil pipe. Typing on an ipad is difficult as it is, but with nearly frozen fingers,....

This got better near the end of the bowl. Was tough to get if fired up too. I ended up dumping the last bit because the air was too cold and the pipe too hot from me trying to coax a bit more flavor from it.

4. yinyang

2035, and Dark Star are two weeds that either pay off in spades or frustrate you to no end(IMHO). Sometimes both simultaneously(Also, IMHO). No use rushing them on a cold day.

Now smoking Kendal Dark in a Manxland meer. I think I can now feel the blood pumping in my brain...creepy. (Lil' fella is starved, apparently).

5. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Good Morning All,
    I am starting my day with SG Navy Flake in my MM Freehand with a side of Kenya Coffee. It's gonna be a GREAT DAY!!

Happy Smoking,
    Paul:)

6. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

And Good Night. Having worked all night I'm having a last puff, dependable Frog Morton in my Pete system standard, then off to the sack. My Monday morning started last night.

Gary likes this.
  7. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Bill Bailey's Balkan, Dr. Grabow.

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Just finished up some

Dan Treas of Ireland Limerick in a Pete 2010 Christmas 68, and now some

SG FDF w/streaks of sugar all over and nice "near Stonehaven hue" in a Tinsky '96 Christmas. Mmmmmmmm... BBF w/blackberries, bunilla, and brandy....don't taste the brandy nor the vanilla. The b-berries are soft whisps of berries in the smoke throughout. Nice.

Ed
    Puff

9. Beale

Beale Active Member

Rattrays Marlin Flake in my Dublin.

10. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Balkan Sasieni in the GBD estate pipe. Good tobacco in a mediocre pipe...oolong tea on the side...

Hey yinyang, how do you like the Kendal Dark? I smoke the stuff a lot but am almost out...I'm actually waiting on some Dark Birdseye which I finally got around to ordering so I could give it a try. Originally I got Kendal Dark because the shop was out of birdseye....but I liked it so much I've stuck with it. Anxious to see how they compare!

11. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

SG SL in a Nording Freehand

Ed
    Puff

12. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Sillem's Black, Dr.Grabow Viscount Bulldog.

13. Gary

Gary Member

Dunhill Nightcap in a straight Stanwell...Me thinks this toby is in my top-5 list.

14. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Union Square in a new meer-lined
    Genoa bowl. Tiny bowl! The diameter
    of the meer is about as big as my Sr. Reamer
    on it's smallest setting. :( Remind me
    to get the Hunter bowls next time..... not
    that I'm complaining.

15. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Dang, sorry I didn't see you discussing Kendal Dark/DBE earlier, yang. Excited now - for some reason UPS says my order will be delivered today even though I placed the order on Friday. By all rights I should be getting it tomorrow, but whatever.

OKAY....weird....UPS usually doesn't deliver to my house until like 5 or 6PM. While writing this, I received an email confirmation of delivery. That's odd, they didn't even ring the doorbell....but surprise surprise, there was a package left outside the door.

Surprised that the DBE is a broader cut than Kendal Dark...I was under the impression it was shag cut, too. Still, it's a pretty fine ribbon. Just lit up a bowl on the back porch. Definitely a little less aggressive in flavor than KD....we'll see how it goes!

Update: Yup...this is a little better than Kendal Dark, but only just. The extremely slight kiss of "Lakeland" essence, the very fine ribbon cut versus shag, and the constituent tobaccos, of course...this burns cooler and with a somewhat less aggressive flavor, but seems to pack at least as much "kick" in a bowl. I think Kendal Dark may have just been replaced...

Plus this stuff is cut juuuuuuust wide enough that it might discourage me from occasionally rolling a cigarette when I'm in a hurry :oops:

16. shadow

shadow Active Member

Torben Dansk #14 in a PRINCE OF WALES Canadian:bing:

17. Gary

Gary Member

Three Nuns in a Stanwell. Pouch only has 2-3 bowls left. I feel weepy.....

18. troyn60

troyn60 Member

SG BBF in a cob... I just got stocked up after a short while of being out. Also got some FVF that I plan on smoking a little later.

19. Snake

Yes, I should get another tin (or twelve) of
    this. I'd probably really love it now.

English Atmosphere (cue Yanni music)
    in the gurgler.

HCraven likes this.
  20. Snake

...and you are finding this WHERE???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.