OCG/NCG

Status
Not open for further replies.

WVDAVE

I just wanted to check in real quick and let Spill know everything is going good with the cigars. I really enjoy them but I'm not an everyday man. I'm more a once or twice a week guy but that's just me. Thanks to all the OCGs for your time and help. Will check in later with a status update.

Marker

Dwaugh and I are set up as NCG/OCG.

Mount Mandolin is signed up as an OCG and willing to take someone after his vacation this week.

Anyone else willing to step up on either side post up here. This thread won't move very fast on a pipe board but I am ok with that. Taking the time to help others is worth it.

Is it possible to be an OCG and receive pipe tobacco in trade instead of cigars?

I'm definitely an OCG. I've been buying and smoking cigars since '93 and have too many cigars and rarely smoke them, but I would like to try new pipe tobacco.

I stopped buying cigars in 2006 after filling up three large wine refrigerators with boxes (I'm down to two currently). So, all of the cigars have been aged properly for seven or more years.

I've completed one trade on the board, but I don't mind shipping first.

Please forgive me if this is not allowed in this trading thread.

Thanks.

Marker

NCG will discuss in PM what he will be sending to the OCG. After the OCG receives his, OCG will send NCG some cigars to help them start in the cigar world. Meanwhile the OCG is coaching and mentoring the NCG. This is not about the trading of cigars or a OCG unloading stuff they do not want on another. The purpose of the trade is to establish a person for the NCG to ask for advice/help in the cigar world. This can be as much or little as you like, but remember that cigars tend to cost more than pipe tobacco so sending only $30 in cigars is probably a light trade.
If you want to trade post something in the trading section. This is where we help people understand the world of cigars better.

I read the first post. It was understood that the primary goal of the thread was spreading knowledge.

I enjoy teaching and learning as much as tobacco.

Having worked for a cigar manufacturer, and being a former owner of a cigar wholesaler and a cigar retailer I was looking forward to helping members cultivate additional knowledge about cigars and the industry.

But, I was also interested in seeing if instead of receiving cigars from a new smoker if I could receive pipe tobacco.

Good luck to you and your thread.

Marker

To answer your question then, yes. You are more than welcome to sign up as an OCG and receive whatever you work out with your NCG.

I would like to see more trades or more involvement in the cigar section from an OCG. Part of spreading the knowledge of cigars is also participating in this section of the website. This is why my initial reaction was wondering your intent. Your knowledge of cigars could be a great asset to all of us.

Post up some pics or a list of your stuff. It would be awesome to see a bunch of vintage cigars and drool.

dwaugh

Staff member
I got my cigars from Marker. I have to say he was very generous, and I only sent him a handful of rocks and a non-working pressure regulator from a P1800. I was going to post a picture of what he sent, and still might tonight, but it's getting dark.

I did pick out an Asylum 13 that he sent me, and I'm about to light that up.

Marker

Sorry, I have been away from civilization for a bit. Updating.

Got a couple of really nice pipes and pipe tobacco from Dwaugh for his part of the NCG.

The rocks were useful. I put some in each ear. Was running low in my head.

dwaugh

Staff member
Marker's post reminds me, I for got to post picture of the cigars he posted. This photo is minus two, one I smoked, and one I forgot to include.

I really enjoyed the Asylum 13. It was strong, but not so strong that I could not pick up the flavors. I would think about getting a box of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.