Off the beaten trail tobacco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

afiaowo

I received my first order of the Middle Earth series from Just for Him. I also know of House of Calabash.

What other off the trail places are out there who have their own tobaccos of high quality?

TWolf

I received my first order of the Middle Earth series from Just for Him. I also know of House of Calabash.

What other off the trail places are out there who have their own tobaccos of high quality?
Hmm. I didn't know about the Middle Earth series. I may need to try them just because me and my family are such huge LOTR fans. Not so sure about the one with the mushrooms though. :) I'd be interested to know your opinion after you try them. Thanks.

Bear84

Hmm. I didn't know about the Middle Earth series. I may need to try them just because me and my family are such huge LOTR fans. Not so sure about the one with the mushrooms though. :) I'd be interested to know your opinion after you try them. Thanks.
Do Not, I repeat Do Not fear the Shortcut to Mushrooms. It is a fantastic latakia with a sweetness that keeps you chasing after it. Techincally yes it's an aromatic but it has a wonderful depth of flavor. You have to work to make it bite, the only thing to be mindful of is you may need to let it set out a bit to dry it just a tad. It's not goopy by any means just a bit moist to keep a good ember.

Slow Tri

Is it Friday yet?
Do Not, I repeat Do Not fear the Shortcut to Mushrooms. It is a fantastic latakia with a sweetness that keeps you chasing after it. Techincally yes it's an aromatic but it has a wonderful depth of flavor. You have to work to make it bite, the only thing to be mindful of is you may need to let it set out a bit to dry it just a tad. It's not goopy by any means just a bit moist to keep a good ember.
I just tried this blend for the first time over the last few days. I love it.

Park Lane's Red Paramour is another favorite. And anything from Peretti's. Espeicially their Cambridge Flake and Park Square blends.

BigG

Uhle's
LJ Peretti
Milan Tobacconists
Pipeworks & Wilke

Tony Malerich

I like a number of the house blends that The Golden Leaf in Mpls and St Paul, MN, sell. They do phone orders, but they don't have a site that lists/describes their blends, though, so that's tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.