Oh, man, oh man oh man oh man. Duuude!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyLowry

I've never been particularly fussy about setting certain pipes aside for specific tobaccos, but I just had one of those "smoke of the month" moments. Thanks to bluepipe, I have a rapidly dwindling pouch of Condor that I've been trying in various pipes (ghosts? heck no, I'm not superstitious). It's been pretty danged good in every pipe so far, though the finish is more harshly cigarrish in some than in others.* On a whim, and in the spirit of "tobacco and pipe from same country," I filled a Dunhill Shell with Condor, spit over my left shoulder three times to drive the ghosts away, and lit 'er up. Oh, man. Ah, wilderness. Ach, du lieber. Aaaaah, men. Unbelievable. Amazing. Stupendous. Or, as hipsters said in the late 70's, "sooooooper."

Bent, thin-walled, billiard-bowled, caked pipe-- that's the ticket for Condor. Tonight, anyway.

*A conical bowl gets downright unsmokable at the bottom with this blend. With straight Virginia, it just gets better. Go figure.

Dunlibi

Ahhh, Condor.
It's good isn't it Andy?
St Bruno is milder with the same 'room note'
However Condor does...... How can I say it?......Leave a smile/impression on you?
As soon as you light up, you know it's how an aromatic should be perhaps?

Ol Brokedik

I've rededicated a number of times trying to match a smoke with the right pipe. Just recently changed two pipes to different tobaccos. Living with ghosts is o.k. as long as they're welcome. Making the changes has improved the quality of the smokes.

Just another reason why smoking pipes never gets boring. There's always something interesting going on.

OBD.

BradNTX

I've been working outside in the Texas heat this afternoon. Your post, Andy, has inspired me to give up for the day and smoke a bowl in the cool ac of my study. Glad you are having a great tobacco moment. :toast:

HCraven

Pipe smoking is always a pleasure, but every once in a while we get a glimpse of true pipe nirvana. I've had a few of my own, notably with SL, HOTW, and the post-Chas. Rattray, pre-K&K version of Three Noggins (I've heard that it was blended by either Robt. McConnell or some Danish firm; in any case, they screwed that one up in the most beautiful way). Anyway, it's just the greatest thing when pipe and tobacco come together to create such an experience. Cheers, Andy!

Herb

Mike Pomery

It's more annoying when a mediocre blend knocks your socks off in a way that none of your other favourites can... but only once per five tins. Worth it?

Not sure yet.

Carry on, Sir, with your Golden Smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.