Ok, saw something interesting today...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Prof, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prof

Prof Member

I was in the local B&M, getiing some pipe lighters for nieces wedding, and grandma thought a nice cigar box would be nice for hero (nephew in law to be), to put his nice new pipe and accessories in on his honey moon, so we started looking for boxes...and I found a cigar box labeled "Acid" cigars...what made this one interesting is that the cigars in the box were nestled on four sides within an inch of raw cigar tobacco leaf used rather like packing material. This cigars apparently are from Nicaragua, and the leaf has a great rich smell. The leaf doesn't seem to be seconds, and it is fresh. Due to the fact that it is compressed and inch thick on four sides of this box, there is a bunch of leaf...I have some picts, but I can't get it uploaded right now.

Any reason I should avoid smoking this leaf? I realize it is kind of weird, but I have always wanted to try a cigar leaf straight into a pipe. As a former cigar smoker I would love to see what the result would be; what do ya'll think?

2. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

It makes pretty good snuff so I dont see why it cant be smoked.

3. Prof

Prof Member

4. Prof

Prof Member

What makes pretty good snuff, the Acid co.?

5. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

The tobacco in the Acid boxes. On a tip from someone I went to my B&M and asked for the packing leaves from the Acid boxes. They had a few, took 'em home and ground them up. Snufftastic.

6. Prof

Prof Member

Sorry, am not familiar with snuff, except that it is inhaled nasally, right? This leaf smells great...rich cigar leaf always reminds me of other smells which I cannot go into on a family friendly forum...sorry just being honest...;)

7. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Pop on over to the snuff section of the forum. There is some good info in there.

8. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

I would try alittle of it in a small cob, and see if you like it straight.. it will likely have no casing at all, so a touch of casing and some time may be in order if it's gnarly.. I don't really know anything about cigars, never really smoked any, but I couldn't see why you couldn't smoke it.
    As far as making snuff.. I've made several of my own snuffs homemade and enjoy them, what did you use as an alkalizer, Monkey?

9. Jive Dadson

Jive Dadson Member

For some reason I cannot explain, cigar tobacco smoked in a pipe does not taste like a cigar. If you just stick the end of the cigar into the pipe, then it tastes exactly like just smoking the cigar normally. But cut up the tobacco, wrapper and all, and smoke that in the bowl, and it changes drastically. Weird, but that is my experience. I experimented. I have some bulk Turkish ribbon from pipesandcigars.com that tastes more cigarish than the high quality, strong, ground up cigar that I sacrificed.

10. Prof

Prof Member

That was kind of what I thought...and why when given this opportunity, I wanted to try it. The wild thing about it, I have jarred jam packed at least 8 ounces of this stuff, and there is at least another full 8 ounce jar of leaf in the box - they really pack this stuff in! I figured I would put some in a jar and see how or if it ages, and then take the rest, shred it and try it straight in a meer just for giggles. We will see...

11. 1858remington

1858remington Active Member

Acid cigars are the bomb!!!:thu:
    I love their blue conneticut, C-notes, and Kuba Kuba.
    They have a great taste, almost desert like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.