Old and New Escudo?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Prof, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prof

Prof Member

Ya'll,,
    I picked up a couple of well sealed tins of Escudo today that are "at least 6 years old" I was told - they are at least old enough to be tinned by the older manufacturer which I think is "Petersen", and the current manufacturer is "Skandinavik" or something like that - does anyone know the story? The tins are certainly different that the newer stuff I have (smaller), and I am excited to hear what age might do for Escudo?

Thanks!

2. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Copes made the old stuff. I thought A&C Peterson still made the current rendition.

3. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Cope's made the old stuff, as jpberg said, but production moved to Alfred & Christian Peterson in the 1980's (I think - at any rate, it was the early 1990's that I last saw a tin of actual Cope's). A&CP was snapped up by Peter Stokkebye and the blend is under their auspices.

4. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Correction: the early 1990's is the last time I BOUGHT a tin of Cope's. I last saw one the last time I smoked one, which was two years ago. Much better than the current production, which is no slouch, either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.