Old dog.....new tricks!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Old Ted, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

For more years than I can remember, I have avoided what I class as aromatics like the proverbial plague!, in fact - I derisively considered them as suitable only for newbies, ladies, boys and hair stylists, LOL.

Recently through a transatlantic trade (thanks John!) - I aquired, among other things - some Middleton's 'Cherry' and some SWR Aromatic. I approached these two with much trepidation - expecting dissapointment 'big time'. The Cherry was first.....and surprise, surprise - not too much cherry at all (thankfully), but a nice pleasant, cool and bite-free bowl!.

Next on parade was Sir Walt......now, regular SWR - does nothing much for me - but this 'De Luxe' version, alledgedly containing a couple of liqueres, was another nice surprise!, and her ladyship passed the first favourable comments on my 'room note' -in many a year!, even allowing me into the kitchen with it!......the back door was open - of course!.

Both are - sadly, nearly gone and for once I find myself a little jealous of American OTC's!. A little on the mild side, to be an everyday regular for me, they are never the less two very nice alternative smokes!:th1:
    OT

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

If you have access to Condor then you already have the best.

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

SWR has an aroma that just makes women ... happy , I guess . I really think they put Pheromones in there . I get more compliments from it than everything else combined . Cherry Blend just rocks and the aroma is stellar as well . When ya get back from your trip man , no worries . I can realte w/ yer jealousy ..... Ogdens walnut is really something and the fact you can walk in a food store or where ever and buy it . Damn :doh: Makes me jealous . I'm looking forward to writing a review on it . It's a mans smoke .. and fantastic

4. Capt

Capt Active Member

I tried to teach an old dog new tricks, then it bit me. I was not happy.

However, SWR Aromatic does make me smile.

Ted, you want some more SWR Aro? You PM me and it's on it's way. I will be home next week to get it out to ya.

5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

If you like SWR Aro there is plenty where that came from (referring to national borders, not suggesting John will send you an unlimited supply....oh, shoot, now I've gone and confused myself)

But hey, there are any number of things apparently widely available in the UK that I'd love to try, as we've discussed. If there is anything at all available in the US that you can't easily get where you are, let me know, and something could very, very easily be worked out!

6. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Thanks for the kind offers guys!, flying tomorrow (Wed) to Turkey - offline 'till start of October, look forward to trading when back.:th1:
    OT

7. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

:startl: Hope you get your CH before you leave!!

8. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

......Not quite Jesla!......here's my 'first love' LOL :th1:
    [​IMG]

9. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

True but I was referring to OTC's.

10. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Yep! - I get it at my local newsagent!:p

11. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Count me is as another that will be happy to send Old Ted a box. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.