Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomasb

Yesterday I was rummaging through my pipe racks and at the back of one
of them I found an old Tinderbox meerschaum lined pipe that I haven't
smoked in YEARS...
I dusted it off, cleaned it up and loaded it up with a nice bowl of SP Vanilla
Cavendish. Awwww - and nice relaxing smoke, great flavor and fond memories
of back in the early 80's when I first bought this pipe.
I guess I just kinda pushed it aside when I started getting my Savs, Petersons etc... but it was like meeting an old friend that I haven't seen in
years. Its the pipe that got me into my favorite shape (sorta a bulldog/
rhodesian style with wide squat bowl-see Sav shape 673).
I am going to put this pipe back into my rotation. Like a good friend, its alway
been good to me and I feel bad that I've "ignored" it for sooooo long.
:bing:

cst

Whenever I see an old pipe that has been put away for a while I always think about what was happening the last time I smoked that pipe. They are pretty good for that kind of thing.

mcgoven9

Fond memories are the greatist things in the world. My 17 year old son has taken an intrest in pipe smoking. When he is 18 I look foward to many more.

---Smoke well, Puff happily---

Thomasb

mcgoven9 said:
Fond memories are the greatist things in the world. My 17 year old son has taken an intrest in pipe smoking. When he is 18 I look foward to many more.

---Smoke well, Puff happily---
I went through that with my son. It was great teaching him how to load the pipe, how to light, and how to tamp to keep it lit. Of course teaching him the proper technic of sipping so he didn't burn his tongue and the pipe.
Great memories. He's given up tobacco since he has started his own family but someday he will inherit my collection (hopefully not for a long time) and maybe as his kids get older he might take it up again. :puff:

Status
Not open for further replies.