1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Old World Hunter Horn

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by wataru, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wataru

wataru Member

http://www.tophatcigar.com/a.cfm//Pipes/Old-World-Pipes/Huntsmans-Horn-Pipe-TP4616.html

Im debating my 5th pipe purchase and Im a sucker for long stem with medium to large bowls (burn creamier, heavier, cooler). This one caught my eye.

Anyone purchased this name brand? Pros, Cons?

2. Hitch

Hitch Member

Great in a wind storm, for $29 your buying a novelty item. Nothing wrong with that.

[attachment=345:3/5/0/508.attach]

I got this estate last year, about $10.

[attachment=346:3/5/0/509.attach]

This one sold last week,unsmoked, for just over $30.

The 'bullet' unscrews and works as a drain, so these are 'system' pipes and are made of briar.

Good luck

3. wataru

wataru Member

Man I really want one but alas... my car took my money this week =/

Im hoping to unload some of these swords (functional dojo approved katanas) and get some cash for weed, pipe(s) and some immature toys I saw on Amazon.

4. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

My wife says "The one with the most toys doesn't win" and I said "True, but the one with the most used up toys wins." And I have a good shoot at it. :(

I guess that this type of pipe is meant to break down for packing so the parts are tethered together. Don't know if it's intended for everyday use. :puff:

5. wataru

wataru Member

I probably wont use it everyday. I normally smoke my cobs during the week, just because I dont feel like cleaning my meer every night after smoking my cobs just do so much better for me at 8p at night.

6. wataru

wataru Member

Updated, I picked one up today - locally beleive it or not. for $29.95.

Also picked up 2 MM cobs (Pony Express bent tip and Ozark Mountain hardwood maple) and a 50g tin of SG Commonwealth.

Must say - the Huntman is smaller then I thought.

7. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Ywp...they're little buggers. I had one similar to that a while back...never could get it to smoke dry. OK as a novelty pipe, but IMO not for serious smoking.

8. wataru

wataru Member

Smoked a nice bowl of CBW in it, wonderful smoke that lasted longer then I thought it would. Cleaning it is a bit of a hassel.

I smoke a little hotter then most. So it works very nice.

9. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Isn't the mouthpiece, um...freakin' huge? Looks like a Bari Sax in the photos.

10. wataru

wataru Member

It takes some getting used to, but no its actually smaller then a regular bit.

CBW smokes extremely nice in it. Comes apart nice for cleaning and is rather easy to hold. Draws nicely. I do fear messing the tip up, replacements dont appear to be available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.