One Man's Mixture 79 Is Another Man's Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my friend into pipe smoking not long ago. I gave him a decent amount of tobacco to start. Mixture 79 was one of them. I bought it to see why people dislike it so much. I smoked a few puffs and had to put it out. So, I was at my friend's house last night and asked what his favorite tobacco was. Mix 79. Out of all the tobaccos, including Hearth & Home blends and C&D blends, his favorite is Mix 79. I have nothing at all against him, allthough I do find this odd.

Mixture 79. The most run down of all the OTC's. 4 out of 5 Dentists recommend you don't smoke it. Despised by more than 98% of people who post on the net. :D

After I read the mostly negative comments about it..everywhere, I wondered just who the heck do they make this stuff for? I had to try it just to see how far it pushed my disgust-o-meter.

Shock. It's so different. So unusual. I liked it and will occasionally smoke it.

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn...
Wait a second...Let's go back to the beginning. You started a friend in pipe smoking and one of the tobaccos you gave him was Mixture 79? Was this a good friend, or a brother-in-law you have to call "friend"? :xd:

Glad he liked it. Guess it worked out well. It's just something I wouldn't have thought of doing.

Wait a second...Let's go back to the beginning. You started a friend in pipe smoking and one of the tobaccos you gave him was Mixture 79? Was this a good friend, or a brother-in-law you have to call "friend"? :xd:

Glad he liked it. Guess it worked out well. It's just something I wouldn't have thought of doing.
He's a good friend. I figured I could throw the tobacco away or see if he would like it. I took a chance and it turned out good I suppose.

Preacher1611

The first thing I did after finding the most disgusting thing I ever smoked was give it to my friend. I HAD to see his reaction, he hated it. After that I found someone here on the forum, Darkly, who liked it and gave it to him.

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn...
The first thing I did after finding the most disgusting thing I ever smoked was give it to my friend. I HAD to see his reaction, he hated it. After that I found someone here on the forum, Darkly, who liked it and gave it to him.
OK. Fun is fun and I can understand. Now, was this friend someone who had been smoking a pipe, or was it someone you were introducing to the pipe? Seems like that would make a difference. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.