1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Oom Paul Briar

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by NoelVance, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoelVance

NoelVance Member

I believe this is an Oom Paul Briar. My grandfather had 2 pipes for me to choose and this being one of them. I have never seen one like this and after some research I was able to find some info on it.
    It says Israel on it and there is a white X on the stem. I don't know if this is any special sort of manufacturer. It works good, but I am a novice and I picked crappy tobacco, cherrybomb, for my first kind. If anyone knows anything about this pipe that would be awesome.

Photo

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

The only pipe manufacturer I know of in Israel is Alpha, and that is certainly similar to Alpha full bents I have seen. Any chance the "x" is a crossed "A"?

3. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

What ever it is, it's a nice pipe. You're lucky to have one from your grandfather. Many of us had to build our own collection, as there were no elderly pipers in our family tree. Give a kind thought for the man as you smoke his pipe. You're blessed.

Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.

4. NoelVance

NoelVance Member

No I don't believe so. It looks to be an X.

5. NoelVance

NoelVance Member

Ha thank you very much. The funny thing is, is that he is not a smoker, nor has he ever touched anything of the kind. He collects weird old stuff and when I had an interest in starting he was the first to ask for something of that sort. I actually don't think I have any family that are pipe smokers.

6. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Masterson and Anderson are two more brands made in Israel. The X may mean it was a second.

7. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Not exactly an Oom Paul to my reckoning, but close. A true "Paul" has a stem that's parallel to the bowl...90 degrees to horizontal. That one would be a full bent. Nice looking pipe though...your grand dad has good taste, even if he's not a piper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.