Opinions on a Flea-bay rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deckard

Doesn't even look like he dusted them off. You might be able to salvage a few of them so its worth a shot if you've got some free time on your hands, but I wouldn't pay more than $30 (shipping included) so don't get into a bidding war with those ebay snipers.

Edit: the pipe on the rack on the bottom right with the nickel(?) mount looks like the Wellington I have which is a great smoker, and incidentally the pipe Angel Eyes smokes in 'the Dollars' westerns with Clint Eastwood (kinda cool), so you might luck out.

Roddy

Looks like someone kept them in a damp moldy basement for a few years. The racks should clean up nicely though without too much work.

Traderbob

Look pretty good - just don't forget about the $13.00 shipping. I was thinking about making some racks in my shop, but then saw some racks on ebay and figured it would be cheaper just to buy some of them.

Marc

Some of those Grabow's may be some oldies but goodies, like a Starfire, old patented adjustomatics etc. Those are highly collectable pipes, not to mention old wood. There could be a few diamonds in the rough in that lot of pipes.

i think it'd be worth it. All pipes are salvageable. Word of caution on the rack though; it's a pain to get pipes in and out of it with the holes they have there for the stems :/

Dungmaggot

Well my thought for the racks was to change them from holes to slots by cutting a little wedge out of each one. I prefer the slotted racks for ease much more than the holed ones.

For the pipes...I dont know yet. I may just stick a small drum sander on my Dremel and lightly sand the insides, remove most of the old cake and char, then try to lightly sand the hole in the stem. The outsides I'm confident I can restore....the insides not so much.

Screw it, I'm bidding anyway.

wowsley

Looks like a fun weekend to me ... ok, maybe just tad longer than that, but a lot of fun no less!!

I'm sure there will be a gem or two in there that will make it worth your while!!

t-bear

Worth it. At $33.00, that's just $3.00 a pipe and two free racks.....OK...$13.00 for the racks (shipping) LOL I would definitely go for it. A possible old Peterson and a couple of "old wood" Grabows....Yowsa!

Status
Not open for further replies.