OTC Tobacco

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by TxPipesmoker, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

When it gets here, I sure will. Thanks again!

2. WillH

WillH Active Member

Oops! I'm one of the few that can't handle most OTC tobaccos either! They leave a horrid after taste in my mouth that I don't get from most tinned tobaccos. Can't explain it but it's bad enough to stop me from smoking OTC. I get the same after taste from some G.L Peases and C&D tobacco blends. Had some Union Square that was especially offensive.....
    I smoked SWR for years but finally stopped, just couldn't handle the after taste any longer.

Will

TxPipesmoker likes this.
  3. Kalhoun

Kalhoun Member

Has anyone liked any of the walgreens baccys?

4. whitebriar

whitebriar Member

i've never noticed the things you describe--
    PA doesn't smell like a cigarette to me--Carter Hall has a bit more peculiar (read peculiar as 'different') taste than does PA--CH could almost knock PA off it's #1 perch--
    i've been smokin' OTCs a few years--

5. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

No worries Whitebriar. I thank everyone for the help, but I have decided to drop the OTC quest. I learned that for me personally, I was not missing anything... To each his own..Smoke away gentleman

6. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

I personally like some of the OTC tobacco. But if given the chance, I would upgrade to a more "upscale" toby

7. TxPipesmoker

Ive got a bunch on its way for you to try Dutch.....

8. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

Hope it gets here.....

9. ATXPipe

ATXPipe Member

I totally agree with the statements about some of the OTC's...all of the CB blends make me nauseous, Carter Hall gives me this horrid sour taste and insane chemical burn, and PA tastes and smells like a Camel non-filter.

I've really loved Sugar Barrel, Prince Albert Cherry/Vanilla, SWR Aro, and Cherry Blend though...and I just ordered some samplers of Sail Green, Walnut, Granger, Paladin's, and Mixture 79 (I know, I know, but what if everybody...and I mean EVERYBODY, is wrong?) to complete my OTC Odyssey. Something about being able to smoke the stuff that's been around since God was a boy makes me smile.

10. TxPipesmoker

Good for you ATXPipe another fine smoker keeping the OTC alive :) I gave it a go..I'm not knocking it by any means....

11. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

Are you still wanting the Kentucky Club?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.