1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Ozark Mountain Pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Pschoppy48, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

I just order two cobs off the MM site and noticed they have Maple and Cherry wood pipes. I never smoked a pipe made from a different wood than briar. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with these type of pipes. Do they smoke hot? Does the tobacco taste different? Any opinions? Phil.

2. Rider

Rider Member

ive heard they smoke good but i have no personal experience with them. i know people here have though

:cheers:

3. StevenEC

StevenEC Member

They taste like maple wood the first 5-10 times, the taste may last longer, but I might not have noticed since I was smoking Captain Black out of it and the strong flavor may help cover it. It is built pretty much like a cob,the hardwood bowl being the only difference. I think both models are maple, the Cherrywood is just the finish. I haven't used mine much after that, just wanted to break it in and try it out a little. Also they seem to smoke about as hot as the MM Washington and Legend I have.

4. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

I have 2 of the maple wood MM's and yes they do smoke pretty damn good. They have the same affect the cobs have on bringing out the flavor of the tobacco more than a briar. And as long as you are not smoking the thing like a madman and taking it slow they do not get that hot.

5. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

That sounds good. When my next PAD order comes around, I may pick up a few of them.

6. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

To offer another opinion, there really is a reason why briar is the wood of choice. I find almost any wood other than briar to smoke hot, hot, hot. I could not wait to get rid of the ones I tried.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.