P&C $1 Shipping -- What did you get?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Tony Malerich, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Member

I didn't grab any tobacco on the $1 shipping deal, but I did get a Zippo pipe lighter...only because it was on sale, otherwise I would have passed.

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I placed a sizable "back to school shopping" order at smokingpipes the day before, and was well within the realm of free shipping. So I didn't take advantage of it.

But I DID order a bunch of tins, a bunch of cleaners, a couple cheapo pipe stands and a nice leather pipe rest for my BST, and a pipe.

Mac Baren Honey and Chocolate
    Mac Baren HH Highland Blend
    Two Friends English Chocolate
    GLP Jack Knife Plug
    Mac Baren Navy Flake
    Peterson's Perfect Plug
    Dunhill Nightcap
    Orlik Golden Sliced
    Peterson Irish Flake

L'Anatra rusticated billiard: http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/lanatra/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=92801

3. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Very nice score! Some really interesting blends. And a nice pipe too.

Paul

4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Basically I'm super excited for Tuesday :D

Hoping to enjoy the Honey and Chocolate, but if not I can always trade it. Also never had the English Chocolate, and relatively high expectations for that. Hopefully it will be suitable for smoking indoors yet offer a fuller flavor than most aromatic tobaccos. And the others I know I like, though I haven't had Night Cap since it was re released. In fact, I've only had it once, when I got a tin of it (among others) back when I first tried to learn to smoke a pipe...maybe 06 or 07

If I'd had the foresight back then, I would have stocked up on Durbar like nobody's business :(

5. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

All around a very nice order! I'm sure at least the vast majority will be to your liking, especially that pipe.

6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Yeah! The only two I even question liking are the two aromatics, and even if they don't end up as favored blends I'm sure I'll like them well enough to finish the tins

David Emond likes this.
  7. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

hmmm looking forward to reading your reviews on your english chocolate and the mac baren honey chocolate. Ill have to go see if Rich has the english chocolate in stock, got lots of chocolate in my order basket. the english chocolate maybe a substitute to the sg chocolate flake that is missing everywere.

8. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

9. whitebriar

whitebriar Member

got a couple pounds of Morley's Best, and a pound each of Haunted Bookshop and Big & Burley--just looked on their page and they are now sold out of BnB--just squeaked by; again--

David Emond likes this.
  10. whitebriar

whitebriar Member

EDIT:
    looks like i didn't squeak by on the BnB--it is on back order--only gettin' the first two right away--oh well

11. Albert

Albert Active Member

Half a pound of the Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match.

nesta likes this.
  12. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

And I apparently got lucky. According to the email I got this morning all three of my tins shipped. Looking forward to trying those out over the latter half of the week.

13. user2725

user2725 Active Member

I got two make your own pipe kits (1 bent & 1 straight) and a tin of McClelland's Magnum Opus.

Tony Malerich likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.