P.S. Bullseye

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ruffinogold, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I'm really starting to like this blend alot the more I smoke it . I'm more the M.B. rollcake / club blend guy when I smoke Virginias [ though Petersen & sorensen tradition is wicked good ] and at first I thought this was lacking a little as it didnt excite from the first bowl as the others did but now I'm tasteing the little things that makes this a killer blend .I'm most impressed in that it leaves no moisture whatsoever ... none.Very nice.It's available , as is M.B. , and I'm gonna keep this one around.I also think this would be a great Vir/perq blend for someone first getting into the vir blends.It's not hot and dosent kick the hell outta you with nicotine.I've been rubbing it out to a spring feel and this has worked nicely for me .

2. hoss

hoss Member

Love me some bullseye! Thanks for reminding me to restock...the last few ounces i had went out in trade not long ago for some Stonehaven.

:bing:

3. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Its my favorite va/per and likewise I love how its always available and affordable.

4. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

It ages well too for those wanting to add to the cellar.

5. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

And, it's fairly inexpensive. A 1.5 lbs for about $55-ish, not bad at all. Best of all, like you said Ruff, it's available! Can't smoke something that isn't on the shelf (unless it's all in Ruff's cellar)!

:bing:

Ed Puff!

6. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

Got about three pounds of this in the cellar so far.....loves da Bullseye

7. ruffinogold

I wish ! I've only got maybe an ounce left [ bummer ] I'm out of wessex burley slice and a few others are low ........ Got a big job on the 14th and can feel a great TAD about to strike around then !!! I'm going to try the peter Heinrichs curly cut cause it's kinda like Three Nuns I guess . Really think now is the time to start stocking up ... w/ this administration anything could happen . Should have started 20 years ago ir I'd known

8. David1962

David1962 Member

If you like Bullseye, you should try the Peter Heinrich's Golden Sliced. It's a great Virginia, cut into a long strip, for however you want to load it up. It isn't a Va/Per, just straight Va. Good stuff!

9. Puff The Magic

Ruff, it's better to start now rather than never start at all.........

Get what's available now, enjoy it but don't deplete it (so keep it stocked, but build it bigger!) and when the more rare stuff comes in, go in for the strike! If for any reason look at it like saving money. Taxes are gonna eat us up eventually (I'm betting on it). I rationalize it like this, looking at many of my vintaged sealed tins and the price on the sticker (WOW! It was that cheap then???) then I look at the new pricing and think "wished I'd bought more at this price". Inflation does play a big part on pricing when comparing vintaged vs. current but taxes (proposed) are gonna show "inflation" WHO's THE DADDY! I don't believe it'll be a nice picture for those who choose to NOT cellar. Choices are everyone's option(s). I'm glad I started seriously building up my cellar. The only thing that can kill my "Mt. Toby" would be a serious fire or natural disaster (and if the federalis decide to make it illegal to smoke anywhere........let 'em bust me for smoking my Christmas Cheer!).

:thumbsu:

Ed Puff!

10. Jvail

Jvail Member

Oh yeah. That's my first VaPer flake. I only have trouble distributing the chewy center when I crumble it (I like to break my flakes down to about ribbon).

11. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

I like to roll it and stuff the pipe. It's fun waiting to hit that center. The variety of flavors as you work through the bowl keep it an interesting smoke for sure...one of my go-to blends.

12. ruffinogold

Yeah man , theres no doubt it's time to build a cellar . It's just pathetic that here in America we have to deal with this kind of BS .... I would not have thought it 20 years ago and I'm so sick of it . I'm starting to think that the advantages of living here arent gonna be so much better than somewhere else ...Sicily , here I come .My family were immigrants and I guess I could become one .Sicily , good people , killer wine ,fresh food & big tits :thumbsu:

13. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

ruffinogold, have you tried twist flake yet? If you like virginias you need to. It is good stuff.

14. ruffinogold

I will ...the next tad is gonna be diff. for me ...losta new stuff I haven't tried yet !

15. Puff The Magic

Luxury Twist is OUTSTANDING as well. Plan on getting a box of Twist and BF on my next order. 1.5 lbs of each is good to have. Maybe more depending on whether I just smoked some of it or both! :stuff:

Get started and get some Ruff! It's still not too late......... :thumbsu:

:xd:
    Ed Puff!

16. Philthy

Philthy Member

Of the three LBF, LTF and LNF I like the Luxury Navy Flake the best. I do like the other two also.

I have discussed Bullseye face to face with folks and had several agree (none disagree) that it starts out a bit rough for the first 1/4 to 1/3 of the bowl then quickly settles down and purrs in a nice medium tasty rumble. I havent seen anyone address this online however. Anyone else find Bullseye is a bit of a rough starter?

17. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Have to agree with you on that Phil. I have trouble the first 1/4, especially if I get rough with it...puff too hard or fast. After that, is settles down nicely. It helps to have a clean fresh pipe too.

18. Puff The Magic

Yeah, it lets you know when its happy! The price to pay. Although I'd have liked it to hit me right off the bat with all the BF goodness. Historically, I've noticed it just comin' on by 1/3 into it. A bit late I'd say but hey.....that's BF! I guess it needs to "cook" a bit before it's ready to savor.

:velho:
    Ed Puff!

19. zappaman

zappaman New Member

I'm a bit of a newbie but is this the same as Orlik Bullseye? If it is, I find it gurgles a bit in the pipe. I've nearly finished the tin and no matter how I pack the pipe I find it hard to keep it from gurgling.

20. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Dry it out some. What goes on around here with Scots and soggy flake tobacco? Welcome! :puffy:

Yes - similar, but sold in bulk in the USA at a very decent price. Same neighborhood, too, as Davidoff Flake Medallions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.