PAD Help???

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by bandlwalmer, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

Well, i ma having a bit of an attack of PAD, but before I place an order, I need some help narrowing it down a bit. I was roaming Mars Cigars and put together a pretty healthy order, but its too much. I am looking for best bang for my buck, so no expensive tins or anything like that. I might end up placing an order somewhere else, but for now I am mainly looking at Mars, and maybe Pipes and Cigars. Here are the tobaccos in my cart so far:

MacBaren:
    Cherry Ambrosia 100g Tin
    Burley - London Blend 100g Tin
    Dark Twist Roll Cake 100g Tin
    Mixture Flake 100g Tin
    Vanilla Cream Loose Cut 100g Tin
    HH Vintage Syrian 100g Tin
    Original Choice 100g Tin
    Honey and Chocolate 100g Tin
    HH Highland Blen 100g Tin

McClelland Vanilla Black Cavendish 8oz

PS Balkan Supreme 8oz

As you can tell, thats a pretty long list. I would like to get it narowed down to maybe 3 or 4 and maybe get a pound of each since it is cheaper that way. I figure if I don't like it, I am sure some of you would take it off my hands in a trade :)

I tend to like some aromatics, and other mild smokes. I also enjoy burley and light english. I am not sure yet on PS LTF so I am not sure if I like VA's or not. Well, anyone have any experience with these? I already checked out TR and most of these have 3 stars. Thanks for the help!

If I order from Mars, I will probably add a couple cobs since they are the best prices around.

Brad

2. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

Or I could just take a trip to Boswell's...

3. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

For that list, Mars wold serve you well. :th1:

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

You don't wanna consider bulks? Notice much of your order is also available at JR's, price compare?

Ed
    Puff

5. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Instead of buying the large variety, I would get a pound of Mixture Flake, HH Vintage Syrian and Burley London Blend. Great prices on bulks, and a group of blends that provides nice diversity; all of which are excellent smokes.

6. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

I am considering going through other retailers, just used Mars to look at what they have and get an idea on prices. I would love to simply get bulk. I am looking to be able to get enough to have a decent amount to cellar.

That is exactly what I am thinking. I just have to figure out which 3 I would probably like. I definitely want to get the HH Syrian. I think the other two look good.

I am also thinking of making a trip to Boswell's after Christmas since I only live a little over an hour away. So I might just go get a bunch of his blends. We'll see...

Puff The Magic likes this.
  7. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

Well, I decided to order from JR Cigars...mainly because they are running a special where if you buy a one pound bag (or 5 tins) of MacBaren, you get a free humidor jar from MacBaren. They also have good prices, but the selection is smaller than Mars, or someother sites. So I bought a pound each of HH Vintage Syrian, Plumcake, and Vanilla Cream.

el guero likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.